Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I've recently noticed that when dialing a DMA-defined VMR from my Lync 2013 client and I have SIP authentication turned on in DMA, the Lync client to go into a sign-in/sign-out loop until the call window is closed. When authentication is turned off from DMA's perspective, the call from the Lync 2013 client completes as expected without issue.

Is there a way to work around authentication for calls coming from the Lync environment only? I have more need for authentication than DMA defined VMRs in my environment, but both would be nice. 

I'm currently on DMA version 6.1.2 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Joe

you can try to use Unauthorized ports on DMA (Admin > Local Cluster > Signaling Setting) for incoming calls from Lync and choose Authentication :None

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi Joe

you can try to use Unauthorized ports on DMA (Admin > Local Cluster > Signaling Setting) for incoming calls from Lync and choose Authentication :None

Regards

HP Recommended

I was able to skirt the Lync client's behavior with an unauthorized port. For anyone's FYI, remember to configure the unauthorized dial rules if you open up an unauthorized port. Also, I had to have the Lync static route deleted and recreated on the Lync Front End Pool to include the new unauthorized port for Lync to send SIP Invites to.

Thanks for the help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.