Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have the MGC Manager 9.0.4.1 installed on a windows 7 PC on a Dell laptop. When I try to create a new reservation the widows opens somewhere off of my screen. I know this because when I click new reservation the main program window greys out and if I just hit the enter I get an error "You must specify name for the conference" I then type a name and hit enter and the conference appears in the On Going Conference list.

I Have reset my display resolution, resized the program box, tried using 1 monitor, 2 monitors, duplicated monitor displays, extended monitor displays, cascade windows, stack windows, and every display options I can think off.

Is there a way to reset the position of this dialog box?

Thanks for the help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I was able to solve the problem. I installed a 2nd desktop monitor 1 on the VGA port and 1 on the HDMI which dipable the laptop display. Both desktop monitors were set to 1920 x1080. The MGN Manager opened on the 1st monitor and when I tried to open the new resevation it appeared on the 2nd monitor. I was then able to drag it to the main window and close it. Now they open on the same monitor.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I was able to solve the problem. I installed a 2nd desktop monitor 1 on the VGA port and 1 on the HDMI which dipable the laptop display. Both desktop monitors were set to 1920 x1080. The MGN Manager opened on the 1st monitor and when I tried to open the new resevation it appeared on the 2nd monitor. I was then able to drag it to the main window and close it. Now they open on the same monitor.

HP Recommended

That is an issue that plagued us several years ago.  Before realizing it was a dual monitor issue when only using one monitor as you determined, I had found that the screen coordinates of the 'lost' windows is stored in the Registry.  I was able to re-adjust those coordinates in the registry values to bring the windows back into the main display and they were then able to be dragged to a proper visual position.  Adding a second monitor certainly solved the issue more easily.

HP Recommended

JoeV,

We are experiencing this same issue with the participants and conference properties window opening off the screen.  Can you tell me what the registry key was that you re-adjusted to get the window back within the display?  Thanks.

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.