Occasional Advisor

Modular MCU (soft blades) and Virtual RMX

Hi

In my environment we are trying to evaluate Content Connect solution for realconnect calls and direct DMA based VMRcalls.

We had installed soft blades on a Virtual machine and configured those soft blades in a Virtual RMX using minion configuration. And added all the necessary flags mentioned on the release notes of v8.7.1 for enabling modular mcu mode. Also enabled "Enable RDP content" in the DMA conference template.

My Virtual RMX version is 8.7.5, DMA version is 6.4.1_P2.

My GS 500 (ver 6.1) device was registered on DMA and we are using SIP Protocol for all the communications. Now when i tried to share my desktop from my SFB client in a realconnect call to my GS device nothing was happening (No errors or any msg or anything).

But when i joined a DMA based VMR call from my SFB client and tried to share my desktop am getting a time out error on my SFB client. 

Here i have a question, with respect to ports - Do we need to open any ports in the virtual machine where our soft blades has been configured with respect to TCP/UDP and do we need to open any ports for the virtual RMX as well with respect to TCP/UDP.

Do we need to change any port numbers in the IP network services of Virtual RMX. 

We had uploaded almost the license for the virtual RMX except Multiple services - Does this have any impact on the content sharing.

When i tried to check the logs of Virtual RMX, i was not able to see any translator related logs. Before collecting the logs i have configured the logger level to Trace for translator.

Any inputs/suggestions are most welcome :)

Thanks

Aravindhan S

Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Modular MCU (soft blades) and Virtual RMX

Hello Aravindhan,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Would it not be easier to work wit this new installation with a Polycom SE or Polycom support directly and quicker?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.