Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have Asterisk 1.4 as a SIP server and Polycom RMX Server (I tried recent version of AsteriskNow also). They are both in local network 192.168.0.0/22 After some time (few hours) my RMX disconnects from Asterisk and I get an error in RMX console "Failed to connect tt SIP registrar". So, I have to reboot my RMX and it connects to SIP server again but after few hours it disconnects again and did not ever reconnects.
I looked through RMX logs and in time of disconnection but did not found anything useful.
If I start my previous asterisk 1.4 server, Polycom RMX with faulty connection connects again without rebooting RMX with no problem.
I tried to use pedantic=no/yes without result.
I tried to make Refresh Registration parameter in RMX to 300 seconds, so time till disconnection took longer (about 8 hours). Usually it takes 1-2 hours till disconnection.
What can cause such problem? There are no network problems.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello geka,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used RMX Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ posts.

Are you saying that a previous version of Asterisk works and your new version does not? Why do you not use the old version?

In addition the logs may not tell you anything but a trained or experienced person may find the issue.

I suggest you start a capture on the Asterisk end and check why it is dropped and why you cannot re-connect until a restart of the RMX.

The logs can by analyzed by Polycom support if the RMX is within warranty or has a valid service contract.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Sorry. I thought that Polycom RMX works well with asterisk 1.4 but it does not also.

My MCU version is 8.2.0.85. My other sip-phones(hardware and software) are working with no problems. Also I have no problems between polycom RMX and h323 gatekeeper (it is on the same network). Also I used asterisk console to find out what is going on but I have no any traffic from RMX to asterisk after RMX disconnection. So, I thing, RMX does not trying to reconnect.

All I have in logs after disconnect is 

SIP_S::Dump
-----------------------
Transport Type: 1
Configure SIP Servers Mode: 1
Registration Ongoing Confrences: 0
Registration Meeting Room: 0
Registration Entry Queue: 0
Accept Meet Me: 0
Accept AdHoc: 0
Accept Factory: 0
Refresh Status: 0
Accept AdHoc: 0
Accept Factory: 0
Refresh Status: 0
Registration Mode: 0
Refresh Registration Tout: 0
IceType: 0

BASE_SIP_SERVER_S::Dump
-----------------------
Host Name: 192.168.1.7
Port: 5060

-----------------------
Host Name:

SIP_SERVER_S::Dump
-----------------------

-----------------------
Host Name: 192.168.1.7
Domain Name: sip.mydomain.org

SIP_SERVER_S::Dump
-----------------------

-----------------------
Host Name:
Port: 0
Domain Name:

HP Recommended

After reboot (and while working) logs also have this strings

CONTENT: SIP_CS_PROXY_SEND_CRLF_REQ:
Sip Proxy send crlf request
dwMsKepAliveTimeOut_Sec : 120
Registrar Address :
XML Address params; Type: 0, Size: 20
IP Address : 192.168.1.7::5060 (0xc0a80107, V4, UDP, Unicast)

D:11/01/17-16:14:56.4208365 E:Mcms P:SipProxy SID:60900712 TN:CSipProxySrvcMngr_(ServiceId_1) O:CSipProxyServiceManager L:n Lctn:SipProxyServiceManager.cpp(3927)
CSipProxyServiceManager::SetRegistrarStatus, status = 0, name=192.168.1.7, ip=-1062731513, confType=1, confId=360

CONTENT: SIP_CS_PROXY_REGISTER_REQ:
Sip Proxy register request
Id : 65536
Expires : 3600
Proxy Address :
Registrar Address :
From Display: "000"
To Display: "000"
To: 000@sip.mydomain.org
Contact Display: "000"

HP Recommended

Hi Geka,

I encounter the Same problem. Do you manage to solve it?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.