01-25-2016 08:55 AM - edited 01-25-2016 09:10 AM
Hello and welcome to the Polycom Community Bridging Forum
As the title suggests, the Community Forums are open to all, and driven by the Polycom community: customers, resellers, distributors, and other industry activists from all over the world. The Community Forums are NOT an official support channel, and answers or suggestions provided by other community members may not always resolve your issue. If you need official support for your Polycom product or service, please contact Polycom directly through the official support channels, or contact your Certified Polycom Partner for assistance.
Before posting in the community, please utilize the search function, and review the appropriate board Sticky to be sure there isn’t already a similar posted topic. If you are unable to find what you need after searching these resources, please feel free to create a new discussion in the appropriate board.
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving, and are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
- Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
- Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
- Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
- Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
- Ban members. The most severe punishment. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
Tips for Posting or Contributing to Technical Discussions
Posting technical discussions or questions on the forum can be a great way to receive community assistance. Here are some tips to help ensure you get the best possible response to your post.
Any reported violations of the Community Rules will be address on a case-by-case basis by the community’s Moderator or a Forum Administrator, and may result in a permanent ban from the community.
Thank You for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.