Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

My Question is almost the same as this stack overflow question (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/32354849/bit-rate-error-when-trying-to-dial-out-to-an-isdn-line-...)

In there the answer is "Thanks to a little help from someone at Polycom, I found out that the following node is required for this:

auto.  I added that to the PARTY node, and now all is well."

However that looks weird to me because normally nodes are all upper case for the rmx api, and if its a value he doesnt say what the node is.

To explain the issue so you dont have to go to the SO post Im trying to start a meeting (or add a party to an existing meeting), however I keep getting this error

Conference bit rate must be set to a minimum of 128Kbps to enable ISDN participant connection

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<TRANS_RES_1>
   <TRANS_COMMON_PARAMS>
      <MCU_TOKEN>196</MCU_TOKEN>
      <MCU_USER_TOKEN>196</MCU_USER_TOKEN>
   </TRANS_COMMON_PARAMS>
   <START>
      <RESERVATION>
         <NAME>og test 1</NAME>
         <DISPLAY_NAME>og test 1</DISPLAY_NAME>
         <START_TIME>2016-09-21T16:43:51</START_TIME>
         <DURATION>
            <HOUR>0</HOUR>
            <MINUTE>20</MINUTE>
            <SECOND>0</SECOND>
         </DURATION>
         <PARTY_LIST>
            <PARTY>
               <NAME>isdnparty</NAME>
               <ID>0</ID>
               <INTERFACE>isdn</INTERFACE>
				<PHONE_LIST>
					<PHONE1>8888888888</PHONE1>
				</PHONE_LIST>
               <ALIAS>
                  <NAME>12342344434</NAME>
                  <ALIAS_TYPE>e164</ALIAS_TYPE>
               </ALIAS>
            </PARTY>	
         </PARTY_LIST>
      </RESERVATION>
   </START>
</TRANS_RES_1>

I have traced the rmx managers calls for the same operations, and populated so many fields but always get the same error.  The above is really bear minimum and i was hoping to keep it that way (manager adds alot more profiling info).  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

After alot of troubleshooting and wiresharking on this error I found a combination of 2 properties being the issue:

Reservation object needs:

<TRANSFER_RATE>384</TRANSFER_RATE>

Party object needs:

<NET_CHANNEL_NUMBER>auto</NET_CHANNEL_NUMBER>

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

After alot of troubleshooting and wiresharking on this error I found a combination of 2 properties being the issue:

Reservation object needs:

<TRANSFER_RATE>384</TRANSFER_RATE>

Party object needs:

<NET_CHANNEL_NUMBER>auto</NET_CHANNEL_NUMBER>
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.