Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hi all, hoping to get an assist on my issue

I have an RMX 8.4.2, DMA 6.1.2 and am connecting via DMA sip peer to a CUCM 10.5

We have both followed the configuration guide and have an operational sip trunk up between both the DMA and the CuCm. Using a DMA configured VMR, the CUCM end using a Cisco C40 vtc can dial into my DMA vmr through its sip uri and get to my RMX bridge through its normal process and everything works great. However, when an active DMA vmr is up on my RMX, and I try to dial out and initiate from the RMX, the distant end gets no video, only audio. But when they initiate, we get both audio and video.

One thing to note is that I was told I must initiate from the RMX specifying H323 and H323 ID when initiating from the RMX and the DMA will do the h323 to sip conversion. When I look in the call history reports when the distant end gets no video, I see a lot of "h323 email_id" before the distant ends number.....this doesn't seem right as I try to connect sip to the cucm.

If I try to dial sip from a single endpoint of mine to a single endpoint of theirs, it goes through the DMA and sets up audio and video with no issues, only when dialing from the. RMX I have the issues of no video. This leads me to believe I am not dealing with a Firewall issue. Any help is appreciated!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi all, I ended up re-configuring my SIP SERVERS tab to point to my DMA, thus eliminating SIP calls being routed to the Lync Front end pool. This allowed me to talk SIP fine with the distant end. H323->SIP conversion still doesn't work. Decided to go SIP from beginning to end.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Melioyellow,

have you tried initiate a sip call from RMX to C40?

If DMA do h323\sip convertation you will have a problems with a content sharing and DTMF.

Regards

HP Recommended
Yes, rmx to c40 will give the c40 no video, audio only
HP Recommended

In the RMX Conference Profile, under Advanced, make sure that FW NAT Keep Alive is not checked.

HP Recommended

Hi all, I ended up re-configuring my SIP SERVERS tab to point to my DMA, thus eliminating SIP calls being routed to the Lync Front end pool. This allowed me to talk SIP fine with the distant end. H323->SIP conversion still doesn't work. Decided to go SIP from beginning to end.

HP Recommended

Hi MIke, Thanks for your reply. I heard this from a few people as well, however, this option was not checked. Thanks again

HP Recommended

Hi,

I’m trying to integrate our Polycom DMA 7000 (ver6.3) with Cisco Call Manager (ver10.5) but we are unable to establish a trunk between the two.

The error it shows on the SIP Trunk in Call Manager is Local=2 and status Down. Also TLS is TCP both at Cisco call Manager and DMA 7000.

What could be the probable reason…or if I’m missing anything at DMA or CUCM.

Also can we figure out from DMA if the trunk is UP or NOT.?

Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

I assume you've also built the external sip peer in the DMA as well? With the CUCM ip information.

Wont work unless sip trunk is built on the DMA end as well. Protocol should be UDP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.