Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi after and upgrade to latest firmware 7.2.1.25 I can no longer login to webui. Is there any other way to enter the RMX? I tried ssh but it is not answering on port 22.

The default POLYCOM/POLYCOM is removed,

If there is a way to reset password/user, I would appreciate help.

Br

Christian

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Chris,

The only way to reset the username and password of the RMX is to factory default the unit. The way to do that is to create a new lan.cfg file using the LanConfigUtil.exe on the USB tools drive (also available from support.polycom.com under the RMX Documents and Downloads page). Then you put that lan.cfg into the root directory of a USB drive of no more than 2GB total size.

Along with that file, you create a .txt file with no text in it. The file must be named "RestoreToFactoryDefault.txt" and it will have no text in the file itself.

So you put those two files into the root directory of an otherwise totally empty USB drive. Then you put that drive into the USB port on the REAR of the RMX 4000 (there are two ports on the front, they will not work). Hard-power the RMX down, then power it back up with that USB drive in the port. The factory default process takes about 20 minutes on average, and it will delete all the configuration on the RMX and restore the POLYCOM // POLYCOM default user.

HP Recommended

This  way also works fine to RMX 1500,RMX 2000?

HP Recommended

Yes, this method works fine for RMX1500/2000 as well.

HP Recommended

I'm having to do the samething... can you only put those two files on the USB drive?  Some drives come with crap installed from the manufactures... do/should I need to delete these files so the only things on the USB sticks are the lan.cfg files?

HP Recommended

Pat, the drive can have other files on it without harm, just make sure that the lan.cfg and restore to factory default file are in the root directory of the drive. I usually recommend that you use an empty drive, just to make life easier for the poor RMX, but it isn't strictly speaking necessary.

HP Recommended

I tried it with only those two files.  No luck.  To put it shortly I think my RMX is hosed.   Last weekend we had a cooling failure in our LAN room (AC guys shut off our chilled water "accidentally") and the LAN room reached 116deg F.  I've been trying to get the RMX back up on the network since Monday.  The MPM card and CTLR module both have consistent blinking blue LEDs.  I cant ping the IP address, remotely access it through RMX manager, or through IE.  I connected a serial cable to the serial port on the back and used PuTTy to get to the switch command line to see if I could get into and verify it still had its IP address or anything and I can't get past the log in credentials.  I've tried POLYCOM/POLYCOM, ACCORD/ACCORD (old Pictel default password), and my login credentials.  Nothing would work.  I've watched boot process but don't know what I really need to look for in it.  Any help or pointers on things to try or check would be greatly appreciated.

(sorry for high jacking this thread.  Mods if you prefer I'll create a new thread)

HP Recommended

Pat,

I've been out of the office for a bit, so sorry for the delay, but I would try a card recovery if I were you. I am attaching a PDF detailing the procedure, but it will basically rewrite the code on the RTM IP card (which is the first component to boot).

That might work, but then again, the heat may have damaged the RTM IP card...

HP Recommended

Alki,

Yes it worked.  I didn't perform a full factory default reset and just performed a card reset.  It appeared that the RMX was stuck in a shut down state.  Once I performed the card reset everything came back up and it retained all the configs.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

HI Sir,

i have RMX 2000 , OLD version V 1.21 , i couldnt login becouse i didnt kbow the control IP ,

kindly advise

thanks 

Saleem

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.