Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Good day,

I have two RMX 4000 units and HA DMA7000 units. For the past two years we have been hosting audio conferences along with video calls using both RMX units. The audio calls are coming in via HA sets of Acme Packet boxes in Shared number dialing on DMA allowing participants choose VMR numbers and join to audio or video or combined coference types.

We just integrated with MS Lync as well to promote the usage of the VMR system and make it easier for desktop users to join calls. It has however failed because the RMX seems not to like the SIP audio traffic anymore from the Acme Packet since the integration.

Is there a way so we can use both services?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

i think its a wrong design implimanted for VC infra, you should integrate your Lync FE directly with DMA so that your Lync users as well as Video devices acan join conferences hosted over RMX.

As far as audio participents are concerned the process will remain same as erlier for audio participents you dont need to chnage it. 

HP Recommended

The DMA is already integrated with Lync as well as per Polycom's documentation released in June/2015. The issue seems as though the RMX is expecting DTMF codes and they are not coming in after the integration. The other RMX that has no Lync integration is working fine.

HP Recommended

Hello Ali,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used Software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

DMA has the latest version: 6.3.0 and the RMX is on 8.5.3 (the latest I can go on with my card) I am still investigating. The issue is a bit more complecated than that I think....

HP Recommended
Ali, Look at the DMA call history to see where the call is failing. There is no reason why this should not work as you described. I have set up a few installs where the customer was using CUCM as the ISDN provider for audio callers, and it worked like a champ. Make sure you EQ dial rule is above your Lync dial rule. The only issue I have seen is where customers have several different SIP peer dial rules and the call picks whatever is on top and does not process the other one. This is because of a bug in the DMA where it will stop processing sip peer dial rules if the first one returns a failure. In the case of Lync and CSS for content, we typically create a SIP peer for CSS. If you have another one, it can be complicated. If you have implemented CSS, then there is a preliminary script which will only allow CSS to dial using this dial rule. I hope this helps, S.
HP Recommended

Hi Simons,

I had a long trouble shooting session with Support at Polycom and it seems that although everything is looking alright in configuration and even the RMX health, it seems that the DTMF codes are not being passed on and the RMX keeps listening for codes and still nothing happens after multiple attemps of entering the conference ID. The support rep thinks that we may have bad card. log files are sent to engineers to find out more. It still is a big mystry for sure. I have to remove that RMX off line because it kept creating issues over the weekend.

HP Recommended
Ali, Not sure how a bad card would cause this. There are some syystem flags that control volume. Ask for this case to get escalated so the devs can take a look at it. S.
HP Recommended

so, it turned out to an insteresting senario:

All cell phone calls with DTMF payload 97 were the only ones to fail. (after much testing) the engineering has confirmed that there are issues with how the DSP card handles this DTMF payload when MS_LYNC is configured and Microsoft protocol is enabled. A fix is on the way and will be release as a hot_fix on the last week of September.

This is my lucky charm to dicover that I guess!

HP Recommended

So we got the newest version of the RMX software and after uploading it worked for a veryshort period of time and it failed againcontacted Polycom and opened a new case. The send me a de-bug file that I have installed. they collected logs and they are analyzing the logs to see what is going on....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.