Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Just curious if anyone has built the XSDs into a jar file and wouldnt mind sharing

Im in the process and will share when Im done but figured if anyone had it already it might save me some time

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

in the end our jar has our namespace so i cannot share it

but the steps arent to hard

first install eclipse and ensure its version and the jdk you are pointing to are fairly new such as what i have:

Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers.

Version: Neon Release (4.6.0)

pointing to (preferences > java > installed JRE):

JDK 1.8.0.91

Create a new java project.  Usually resources is not on the build path so make sure to add it

copy/paste all xsd files to the resources directory

refresh view in eclipse and make sure it shows the list of xsd's in the resource folder

now you can right click any one of them and go to Generate >JAXB classes

youll need to select a project and give a namespace but thats about it, click finish and it will create a jAXB annotated java class for ya.

FYI there are other (better) ways, including an xjc maven tast/plugin.  but i couldnt get the other methods to work so idk what to say.  other then right clicking and going to generate kinda sucks for 150 some odd files.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

in the end our jar has our namespace so i cannot share it

but the steps arent to hard

first install eclipse and ensure its version and the jdk you are pointing to are fairly new such as what i have:

Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers.

Version: Neon Release (4.6.0)

pointing to (preferences > java > installed JRE):

JDK 1.8.0.91

Create a new java project.  Usually resources is not on the build path so make sure to add it

copy/paste all xsd files to the resources directory

refresh view in eclipse and make sure it shows the list of xsd's in the resource folder

now you can right click any one of them and go to Generate >JAXB classes

youll need to select a project and give a namespace but thats about it, click finish and it will create a jAXB annotated java class for ya.

FYI there are other (better) ways, including an xjc maven tast/plugin.  but i couldnt get the other methods to work so idk what to say.  other then right clicking and going to generate kinda sucks for 150 some odd files.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.