Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I thought I'd seen something like this in the PLCM KB or here but can't now locate it.  Anyone have any experience of SS-C Series with Tel 1 cards sending multiple DTMF entries.

EG: Send DTMP 1234, IVR hears 111222333444.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Pete  a couple of items we found.........

I have found this to be a problem many times when the output gain structure is wrong.

Generally they have the amplifier gain turned way up and the output of the DSP turned down.

Sometimes they even have the input gain of the Phone In turned up also.

If the gain structure is close and this is still a problem turning down the DTMF gain (-10 to -20) will help.

I would try this before changing the country code.

BUT, the gain structure should be checked/fixed first as it will affect the performance of other things also.

Sometimes this happens as a result of how the analog line is provided…

If its via an ATA, that device may be the root cause.

I would mute the microphones first to see if that works.

If not, decreasing the fader won’t help.

I’d check the pstn_dtmf_tone_duration (should be 100)

It can be changed to 300 as a test.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your Post Ken.  Awaiting Reseller to get access to site to try above & will advise when it works 🙂

Pete

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.