Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a Soundstructure C16. It was sitting on the customers network nicely for a while until recently when it no longer establishes link to the network switch. The link lights on the back do not light up. If I plug another device in the same port it will establish link and grab a DHCP address. If I plug a laptop direct to the C16 that establishes link and will work. I brought the C16 back to the office, put it on a 4 port switch it establishes link and can connect to a P-touch. Same if I put both devices on our office network.

The C16 is running 1.7.2 firmware. I have done a factory restore as well onsite to see if that fixed it, but to no avail.

I do not think the problem resides with the C16. I think it has to do with the switch and our port settings at the customers site. Are there any specifications as to what the switch needs to be providing to establish link with the C16?

They also have been messing around with their MAC reservations so I am wondering if they accidentaly made some rule that is blocking the C16.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Steve

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

From a network troubleshooting standpoint, to test the lights issue, I would connect a "Dumb" switch (like a Netgear gs105e or similiar) to the unit and see if the lights come on.  

If they come on, then you know the port is working correctly and you need to continue down the path of talking with the IT folks.

If the DO NOT come on, then I would contact Polycom Support to see about a replacement.

Good luck,

Gary Miyakawa

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.