Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have neighbored a CMA 5000 with a Cisco VCS Control.

I setup prefix dialing which works perfectly.

I also want to dial by URI and IP address.

The CMA only serves a subnet and is connected through the internet via VCS's.

CMA 5000 -> VCS Control -> VCS Express.

I have a site with the locally served subnet defined. 

I have also defined in CMA a "VCS Control Site" with a few other defined subnets.  I created this Site so that I could use "Allowed via H.323 aware SBC or ALG, even though the VCS control is not an SBC.

My goal is to have CMA "Send unmodified Dial String to ALG" Annex-O to the VCS Control.

I have a site link between those 2 sites.

Dial rules in order of priority

- Prefix 89 - Sends all requests with prefix 89 to the Trusted Neighbor VCS Control.  Works for URI's and e.164s.

- Alias - Local Directory Services - Route (NOT SURE WHY THIS RULE IS HERE)

- DNS - DNS - Route (I ASSUMED THIS WOULD DEAL WITH ANNEX-O, BUT DOES NOT SEEM TO AND I CAN ONLY ROUTE OR BLOCK) - seems like I should be able to route to trusted neighbor, but I know that is not allowed from a type DNS.

IF I attempt to dial URI like abc@med.com, CMA properly looks up the SRV record and then tries to connect directly which will never work, as ACL's don't allow.

- Internal IP - IP Address 10.44.0.0/16 - Route within ZOne

- Outside IP - IP Address 71.0.0.0/8 - Route outside of Zone (does not seem like this rule is ever used) - I would actually like all other ip addresses to route to neighbor.

When trying to dial 71.14.2.158 for example I get:

Processing ARQ    Processing Dialrule: Name 'Internal IP' Type 'IP'

**Warning**: Rogue Call to Unreg. EP 71.14.2.158 

Resolved 71.14.2.158:1720 to a list of possibles contacts.

ParseListResolvedAddress(): OUTPUT Infrastructure: String is 71.14.2.158:1720, IP is 71.14.2.158

Question 1:

I want to dial abc@med-rt.com and have that passed off to VCS Control to process and connect.

I can get this to work with prefix 89 in front of it, because prefix dialing allows to route to trusted neighbor.

Question 2:

I want any IP address other than 10.44.0.0/16 (locally served by CMA) to be handed off to VCS Control to process and connect.

I have no idea how to make this happen, as SITE Subnets nor IP Address Dial rules seem to work like I expect.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Dang... Almost there. The CMA should recognize the external IP address is outside the site topolgy and send the call to the VCS C as it is listed in the SBC.

1) Check to make sure there is a site link between the default site and the Internet/VPN site.

2) Maybe the dial rule for the IP address got changed. You can compare it my default dial rules to see if you need to revert back to the default settings.

S.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Med,

I am just curious why you had to create the additional VCS Control site in the CMA. You could have modified the existing site to included the SBC IP address of the VCS Control device. Your main site has an associated IP subnet of 10.44.0.0/16. I assume your VCS Control device is in that subnet, is this correct? If not, you can simply add this subnet range to your default site.

The main point is the VCS Control has to be included in a site. If for some other reason you wanted to keep your 2 site setup, then I would also recommend adding the VCS Control IP address to the SBC setting of your first default site and any other site as well (except the Internet VPN site).

I would also recommend not adding any external IP address to your existing sites, 71.0.0.0/8 in your case. If this was included, then the route the CMA would choose would be based on your network topology, which I would assume would be through your regualr firewall. If the external IP address was not added, then the CMA would route the call through the SBC which is your VCS in order to reach any off-net address.

S.

HP Recommended

Simons,

Thank you for the reply.  The VCS Control serves separate subnets which is why I thought it needed a site.  I also thought that since the VCS C is not an SBC, that it would not work properly.

Based on my understanding from your response, I changed.

1. the CMA site from "Allowed via H.323 aware Firewall" to "Allowed via H.323 aware SBC or ALG"

2. Include the VCS C in the CMA site as an SBC IP - Call Signaling IPv4 Address should be address of VCS C.

3. Include the subnets served by the VCS C in the CMA site.  

4. Not have any external IP address to existing sites.  

I have done each of these and it seems to work with prefix dialing.  It also now works with URI.  Yeah!

The one issue I still have, is how it routes external IP address (external meaning outside of CMA and VCS C service area), I get an

Processing ARQ Processing Dialrule: Name 'Unknown' Type 'Unknown'
**Error**: ARJ sent. Cannot resolve address. The reason is Location Not Found.

What should I have for dial rule, that allows this?
Thank you very much.

HP Recommended

Dang... Almost there. The CMA should recognize the external IP address is outside the site topolgy and send the call to the VCS C as it is listed in the SBC.

1) Check to make sure there is a site link between the default site and the Internet/VPN site.

2) Maybe the dial rule for the IP address got changed. You can compare it my default dial rules to see if you need to revert back to the default settings.

S.

HP Recommended

Simons,

You were right that the IP Address dial rule was not default.  Changed it back and now really close.

It just seems to be passing an incorrect format when dialing by IP Address. Notice the @ before the ip address.

============================ <01:18:12 09:23:48> ============================
Setup Received
setDestCallSignalAddress val=0 ip=20882c0a port=1720
Source's primary address: JohnCMAD
Source BC-rate 768000
Setup Received
Original Dial Address was: h323:@71.14.2.158
Source Call SignalingAddress(TSAP 10.3.216.59:3232)
PN Segment id: 0X10002a9
state = cmCallStateOffering
stateMode = cmCallStateModeOfferingCreate
Begin Setup Processing at Application Interface
Attempting setup on 71.14.2.158:1720 : 10.164.0.16:1720

Thank you

HP Recommended

I just did a transform on the dial string on the VCS, so all is good now.

Thank you

HP Recommended

I am glad you were able to find a way around the incorrect format.

There is an open case with this exact issue waiting on a version to be created with a resolution. Currently the CMA sends out H323:@XYZ where XYZ is the external IP address. Some systems don't mind this, but some competitor systems don't understand this dial string.

S.

HP Recommended

I know this is really old thread.  And I had this working fine. Until the SQL database went south and I re-set this up from scratch.

What happens is that when I

Check the

Allowed via H.323 aware SBC or ALG

and enter the ip address for

Call Signaling IP Address

and port 1720 for port,

and check the

Send Unmodified Dial String to SBC/ALG

And the click OK.  It does not save.

I come back in and the ip address and the port are missing.

Any ideas?

HP Recommended

This issue has been resolved.

Using CMA->Admin->Management & Security->Database Security

I reset the plcmdbo password, CMA then rebooted.

After that, the information was saving fine in Sites -> Routing information.

Not sure what caused the issue, but the steps above solved it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.