Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me out. We are currently looking to replace our CMA with a DMA. We can get all of our endpoints registered to the DMA and working correctly, but cannot, for what ever reason, get the Audio dial in to work.

What we are trying to accomplish is have someone dial an extension interntally, or DID externally and hit the IVR entry queue on the RMX to ask them to enter a conference ID in order to join a meeting. The VMR's are registered on the DMA so once the IVR queue picks up the conference should be created or the user is joined into an existing conference. 

We have created and verified the SIP trunk from CUCM to the DMA without any issues and can see the call flow. We have shared number dialing set up to forward the call onto the RMX IVR queue. The call flow seems to work, but when the IVR queue tries to play on the RMX, the audio call gets disconnected before the message is played and has a total call time of 0 seconds.

The DMA log shows that when a call is initiated, the DMA is the system sending the BYE message (with no error code) back to the CUCM and then the RMX acknowledges the BYE as well.

I have worked with CUCM consultants, Polycom consultants, Polycom support and third party video support and no one can seem to find the issues as to why the SIP call gets disconnected. I can get the IVR queue working using an H323 trunk from CUCM to the DMA but it doesn't make sense as to why the SIP call is being dropped.

I suspect there may be an issue on the SIP trunk from CUCM to the DMA or potentially a hardware fault on the RMX but cannot locate one or the other. As mentioned, the SIP trunk to the DMA is set up using Polycom's guide as well verified against a working configuration just to make sure nothing was missed. I did open a case with Cisco TAC and they saw the same thing the DMA log has, where the DMA is sending the BYE message and not Call Manager. 

Below are the software versions an additional information

CUCM Clusters (virtual) - 9.1(2)

Polycom DMA (virtual) - 6.4.1_P2_Build_234946

RMX 2000 (physical) - 8.5.12.39

If anyone has any thoughts on what is happening it would be appreciated.

Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Have you tried getting a packet capture to see the complete SIP messaging into/out of the DMA?

HP Recommended

I did the packet capture from our CUCM, but yes. The full capture doesn't actually provide anything just the same BYE message that the DMA shows in its logs.

HP Recommended

Maybe one of the TCP connections on the SIP trunk is timing out or being shut down and the DMA is responding to that.

HP Recommended

Hello Kenny,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

What is the Polycom support reference usually starting with 1- in order to prevent doubling efforts?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

They just randomly closed the case on me with no updates. I uploaded a bunch of log files for review through another email they provided me. The technician said they had no response and closed it so I am not sure if all the log files have actually made it to the technician. Here is the support request  1-5609880162

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

Just as an FYI - we managed to get it solved. The issue was that the RPRM did not have the IP phone subnets in the routes. Although the call flow goes through Call Manager, the phone subnet needs to be present for some reason. 

Thanks Everyone!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.