Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I would like to know If you did not folow polycoms release recommedations for Cloud Axis what could happen? I would like to know if we could keep RMX out of recommendations.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I assume you are asking whether CloudAxis clients can dial point to point (No need for any bridge).

Answer is Yes & it can dial point to point to other registered devices. But it is not a tested feature and hence not supported.

For multipoint calls (which is tested/supported), RMX is mandatory.

HP Recommended

Thank you!

So, I understand that if I need to make mp conf call all RMX must be upgrade at least release 8.2.

Rgs

HP Recommended

Andre,

CAX calls generally are configured to work using a DMA. In fact, I don't know how you would get everything to work without it. So the version requirement for the RMX is more dependent on what DMA version you have. CAX calls don't call the RMX directly, but through the DMA. The versions listed in the release notes are what Polycom has tested and verifies as working. Our support policy is to support N -1 software versions. This means while older software may still continue to work, we would suggest upgrading to the supported versions.

S.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.