Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Part Number Mapping

I'm trying to setup one provisioning server for the Trio 8800, RealPresence 500, and VVX 201 and was hoping someone knew what the product, model, or part number mapping was for each of them. I'm using UC v5.5.0.

Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Part Number Mapping

Hello mmoncrief,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I am not 100% sure what exactly you are planning as the GroupSeries is not provisioned like a phone but by all means you could setup one HTTP server and the phones or the GroupSeries could load their software from there.

There is no real need for Part Numbers as the Phones would always try to download their Part Number.LD files and the Group would search for a certain Sub Folder for the Software etc.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Part Number Mapping

Hello mmoncrief,

Just to elaborate:

• A GroupSeries would look in the Root Directory for
    /rseries/info.txt, followed by /rseries/platform/current/release.sig and /rseries/platform/current/release.txt 

• A VVX, SoundStation, SoundPoint or a Trio would look for
    {PartNumber}.sip.ld or sip.ld and the VVXLocalization and languages Sub Directory

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.