Polycom RSS 2000 Error

Hello.

When I try to login in Web UI via Internet explorer after i typing username and password and click login i have a popup window with error: Could not connect to the backend.

How can i fixit ?

Polycom Employee

Re: Polycom RSS 2000 Error

That error usually indicates that the compact flash on the unit has run out of free space. You will need to open a service request so that we can remote into the unit and clear out the unneeded files.

Michael K. Bromley, CVE, CCENT, WCNA, VCA-DCV
Technical Lead
Infrastructure Technical Support Center

Resetting to factory settings does not clear all files on compact flash?

Polycom Employee

If you are talking about the ResetConfig command in the telnet console, no that won't clear the compact flash. All that does is clear the configuration files. There is, however, a procedure to reimage the system that will rewrite the compact flash with a factory image but you will still need to reconfgure the system and reapply the license keys. Hopefully you still have those. If you don't, get me the serial number of the system and I can probably retrieve them for you. 

Michael K. Bromley, CVE, CCENT, WCNA, VCA-DCV
Technical Lead
Infrastructure Technical Support Center

How can I process reimage? Just download the same OS image and download it on the server?

Frequent Visitor

Hi Mike and Mrsteel,

I have same problem with my company rss 2000,

I can enter rss 2000 xp embedded desktop, can u tell me which unnecessary files will be deleted?

Or how can i fix this is there any image file?

Thx 

Frequent Visitor

When I try to enter rss 2000 WebUI, I got "Can NOT connect to the backend server. Please contact the Administrator." error message. I cleaned unneeded log files, but I still get this error. 

Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello ryetis,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please contact Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.