Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

RPRM 10.1.0_87-237804 Virtual Edition, VVX400, VVX401, VVX500,VVX501, VVX600, Trio

Hello,

I am able to manage VVX Endpoint with RPRM in Endpoint menu.

But, unable to manage this endpoints in Dynamic management, no enpoints in this mode.
I don't understand procedure to enable dynamic management.
Is it possible with VVX series ? , if yes how ?

What i have done :
DNS:
- create A and SRV DNS record _cmaconfig._tcp for RPRM

RPMR:
- Dynamic management : upload software update for VVX type
- created provisioning profile (admin & network)
- created provisioning rule, condition : device type = VVX, with endpoint provisoning profile created step before

Endpoint VVX:
- DHCP option 66 with https://PlcmSpIp:PlcmSpIp@RPRM-Name/phoneservice/configfiles
- Endpoint never request DNS SRV, need some other configuration on endpoint ?

Any link or comments will be appreciate.

Thank for your help.
Herve

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Poirer H.,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The 10.1. OPERATIONS GUIDE shows on Page 41:

• available only for Polycom video endpoints

What is it you are trying to archive ?

The VVX & Trio's only look at the Boot Server Options and nothing else to my knowledge.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen 

thank for this quick response.

As I had only the beta version of operation guide 10.1 , this sentence did not appeared (i have updated my guide now ...)

. available only for Polycom video endpoints

Therefore, I was trying a configuration not supported by the terminal

Best regards,

Herve.

HP Recommended

Hello,

just another question about Dynamic Management and VVX Series.

In operation guide, page 251/252 :

Supported Polycom Endpoints and Peripherals

- Polycom VVX systems

Which VVX endpoints are supported, only VVX1500 ?

Best regards.

Herve

HP Recommended
Hello Herve

The VVX1500 was supported already on the CMA and continued to be supported on RPRM. You always needed a proper accounting to sign into this. Now all currently release phone models are supported using the know URL and the PlcmSpIp username password combination.

Replied via a mobile device
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

VVX's are most certainly supported by RPRM 10.1 -- just not through Dynamic Provisioning.

You must configure them as Phone Endpoints.

You should add a DHCP Option 161 pointing to http[s]://serveraddress/phoneserver/configfiles.

I recommend changing Option 66 to just the http[s]://serveraddress. Opt 66 is used when deploying software updates, while 161 is actually the provisioning services.

This is the setup I have. We were one of the first to provision voice units (our's are mostly Trio 8800's) with 10.1 and when we engaged the Polycom services, they were still learning (and are even now).

If you want some more help, let me know and I'm more than happy to share what I've learned.

-Derek

HP Recommended

Hello Derek and all,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

as already explained the VVX1500 was always supported.

The RPRM 10.1 added all Polycom Voice products (including the legacy SoundStation IP Phones) and RPRM 10.2 added more support for these "legacy" phones and additional features / bugfixes.

The DHCP Option 161 is only for our Skype for Business VVX SKU (-019 partnumber) where all other Phones use 160.

The legacy Option 66 is just a fall back in case there is not Option 161 / 160 setup in the DHCP Scope.

More details on this can be found => here <=

The phone will not query Option 66 if an Option 160 / 161 is there so no need to setup both in the network.

@DerekHamaker not sure what Region you are in or who you worked with in Polycom so I am unable to comment on this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.