cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RPRM Dynamic management VVX Endpoint

Occasional Visitor

RPRM Dynamic management VVX Endpoint

RPRM 10.1.0_87-237804 Virtual Edition, VVX400, VVX401, VVX500,VVX501, VVX600, Trio

Hello,

I am able to manage VVX Endpoint with RPRM in Endpoint menu.

But, unable to manage this endpoints in Dynamic management, no enpoints in this mode.
I don't understand procedure to enable dynamic management.
Is it possible with VVX series ? , if yes how ?

What i have done :
DNS:
- create A and SRV DNS record _cmaconfig._tcp for RPRM

RPMR:
- Dynamic management : upload software update for VVX type
- created provisioning profile (admin & network)
- created provisioning rule, condition : device type = VVX, with endpoint provisoning profile created step before

Endpoint VVX:
- DHCP option 66 with https://PlcmSpIp:PlcmSpIp@RPRM-Name/phoneservice/configfiles
- Endpoint never request DNS SRV, need some other configuration on endpoint ?

Any link or comments will be appreciate.

Thank for your help.
Herve

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: RPRM Dynamic management VVX Endpoint

Hello Poirer H.,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The 10.1. OPERATIONS GUIDE shows on Page 41:

• available only for Polycom video endpoints

What is it you are trying to archive ?

The VVX & Trio's only look at the Boot Server Options and nothing else to my knowledge.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 5
Occasional Visitor

Hello Steffen 

thank for this quick response.

As I had only the beta version of operation guide 10.1 , this sentence did not appeared (i have updated my guide now ...)

. available only for Polycom video endpoints

Therefore, I was trying a configuration not supported by the terminal

Best regards,

Herve.

Message 3 of 5
Occasional Visitor

Hello,

just another question about Dynamic Management and VVX Series.

In operation guide, page 251/252 :

Supported Polycom Endpoints and Peripherals

- Polycom VVX systems

Which VVX endpoints are supported, only VVX1500 ?

Best regards.

Herve

Message 4 of 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Herve

The VVX1500 was supported already on the CMA and continued to be supported on RPRM. You always needed a proper accounting to sign into this. Now all currently release phone models are supported using the know URL and the PlcmSpIp username password combination.

Replied via a mobile device
Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 5 of 5