Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have an RSS 4000 I am trying to test. I am unaware of the IP settings that are on it. Tried to enact a factory restore, but still can not web into the unit. Tried to putty in through the serial port, and can not connect. Changed the rates to the proper settings, verified the com port, but still can only get the solid yellow square in the top right. Are there flow control settings that need to also be set?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Have you tried directly connecting to the LAN1 port using a crossover cable? The default IP address is 192.168.1.254 with a mask of 255.255.255.0

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.