Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

First Topic... So my problem is really simple:

I wanted to install a VBP-5300ST25. So I launch my web browser, I try the 192.168.1.1... No answer...

So I try to connect via the Serial Port, I try root/default, login incorrect, root/@#$%^&*(), still incorrect...

I plug a prompt behind the VBP, it says "Uncompressing Linux.... Ok, booting the kernel"

Any idea?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Eric,

The root password is actually slightly different than you have it, it is actually @#$%^&*!()  [2345678190, there is a 1 between the 8 and 9]. That is probably why you haven't been able to get into it via serial cable. Give it a try logging into it with that password.

If you are able to get in, then run the following three commands:

/etc/conf/bin/ep_mfg

cfg_commit

/etc/conf/bin/config_network

We occasionally see this problem, it is caused by the HTTP port being closed on the VBP firewall. Those commands should clear up your issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi Eric,

The root password is actually slightly different than you have it, it is actually @#$%^&*!()  [2345678190, there is a 1 between the 8 and 9]. That is probably why you haven't been able to get into it via serial cable. Give it a try logging into it with that password.

If you are able to get in, then run the following three commands:

/etc/conf/bin/ep_mfg

cfg_commit

/etc/conf/bin/config_network

We occasionally see this problem, it is caused by the HTTP port being closed on the VBP firewall. Those commands should clear up your issue.

HP Recommended

In fact, I tried already this solution...

But first, I click 3 times on Reset for it works....

Before the 3-times-reset, even the password @#$%^&*!() doesn't work...

But now it's fine...

HP Recommended

I have a brand new VBP 4555 that I am having this issue with as well.  I am able to get into via serial connection, but no luck with web interface.  I have tried the commands listed above, but they are not found.  I have also tried enabling http as found in this thread, but no luck either.  Any advice?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.