Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We can't hear a dial tone or any incoming conversation of our Sound Station 2W. We hear the the base paging and the various audio tones. Sound is not muted, phone line works on other phones and conference phones. Please help!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello  RayB,

I understand that you are having some issues with your Soundstation 2w and audio. What type of phone line is being used with the unit at this point ? When the unit boots up are you seeing ready on the LCD of the unit ? If you access the diagnostics menu of the unit and perform a console speaker test are you hearing the tone coming from the unit ? If you perform a microphone test from this menu as well when speaking into the microphone do you see the bar moving on the screen ? Is there a second phone line in the area that you can test the unit with ? If so are you seeing the same issues if you connect it to a second line ?

HP Recommended

I am having the same exact issue.

We are using an analog phone line and we see "ready" on unit boot up. I have performed a speaker and mic test from the diagnostic menu and all seems to be working properly. We have tested from several phone lines and still have the same issue.

Can you please help?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.