Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

[FAQ] Polycom PSTN Frequently asked Questions

[ Edited ]
  • This is a quick overview of the most common asked questions.
  • This Section will be updated from time to time.
  • The Polycom Community is not a replacement for Polycom Global Services Support and you may be asked to contact your Reseller or if outside warranty to work with Polycom Support via PPI (Pay Per Incident)

NOTE:

Please ensure before posting any new Question in the Community that you:

• Use the Polycom Community Search Functionality
  • Use the Polycom Knowledge Base Search Functionality => here <=
  • Ensure you checked the analog PSTN Support Section => here <=
  • Ensure you checked the analog Conference Phones page => here <= 

Oct 20, 2011 QuestionHow can I setup a conference or how many participants can be in the conference?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

May 07, 2012 Question: Can I connect my SoundStation2™ Avaya ® 2490 to any digital Phone Line?

May 07, 2012 QuestionCan I connect my SoundStation2™ Direct Connect for Nortel to any digital Phone Line?

Jul 12, 2012 Question: What Computer Calling Kit cable is compatible with my Polycom Conference Phone?

Jun 23, 2012 Question: What expansion Microphones can I use?

Aug 24, 2012 Question: How can I place a caller on hold or return from hold via my Polycom Conference Phone?

Aug 01, 2013 Question: What mobile phone cable can I use?

Sep 09, 2014 Question: How to change the Flash Time on a SoundStation2 with no display?

Feb 09, 2015 Question: Issues using DTMF tones once the call is connected?

Jun 29, 2015 Question: How can I transfer a call?

July 06, 2015 Question: Can I convert my  SoundStation2™ Avaya ® 2490 or SoundStation2™ Direct Connect for Nortel to work with an analog phone line?
Resolution: These branded devices only work with the originally intended PABX providers and cannot be converted.

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.