Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Our company is going to a VOIP solution. We have a Soundstation 2201-03309-001-G. Can it be configured for VOIP? If so is there a manual that tells how to change the network settings?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello jimcgreen,

welcome to the Polycom Support Community.

The Part Number of the Unit you provided suggests that this is a Polycom SoundStation for usage with analog phone lines and there is no possibility to directly connect this to a VoIP System.

You could use an ATA Adapter if you would like to use this with a SIP Switch.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Trade you.    I have a Polycom Avaya Soundstation 2301-073000-001 and Soundstation Premier DCP Wall Module 2301-03433-001.      Wall Module  has 2 RJ45 connections.     I'm not sure if being Avaya prevents its use as VOIP phone or not.

HP Recommended

Hello all,

Polycom manufactures many variations of the SoundStation 2 or SoundStation IP for other Hardware manufacturers and even that they seem to look the same from the outside the Hardware on the inside clearly differs.

In addition the Units always have the intended destination Platform like Avaya, Nortel or Cisco clearly labeled on the Unit itself.

Polycom does not recommend to use any of these Units on not intended Platforms and neither use parts like a wall module on other units even if they seem similar.

The SoundStation series from Polycom is a analog Phone, the SoundStation IP from Polycom is a SIP Phone if specified.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.