Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

My company is a medium sized building with four floors and we have a total of 25 Soundstation 2w units across the top three floors. Since we got these units, every now and then some of them will just drop out of calls. Is there a setting I can change that will stop the units from interfering with each other? We used a spectrum analyser and the readings in the 1.9GHz band are very high. We are using all 1.9GHz Soundstations. Attached is a photo of the RF readings from the Analyzer. How can stop the units from dropping calls?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

We have 25 total across 3 floors. I can walk to the other side of the building and still have good signal. Is there any way I can force the units to use a certain channel in the 1.9GHz band?

HP Recommended

Hello pmarciano,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

DECT is a standard that operates either in the 1.8 Ghz (Europe) or in the 1.9 Ghz (North America) range and the amount of free channels depends on multiple factors.

Other electronic devices like cordless headset's or even Bluetooth operate in the same spectrum and can influence the signal.

I would suggest you ensure the units are on the latest firmware but there are no fixed settings to force a unit onto a channel as the DECT technologie uses frequency-hopping.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.