Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Anyone have the pinouts for the SoundStation2 RJ45 port?

Our conference table has popup access for various connections (see attached photo) when needed and when not needed we simply fold it down.

We'd like the speakerphone to not always be on the conference table and just plug it into the port when the speakerphone is needed.

However, we don't want to use a RJ45 port as someone could mistankely plug in a laptop and fry their network card due to the SoundStation power adapter sending power down the line.

My thought was I could use a RJ11 jack as there is no chance of someone trying to connect their laptop to this. The issue is that RJ11 only supports 6 pins and the SoundStation2 has 8 pins. If I knew what the pinouts were I could elliminate two wires that aren't needed, or are for a feature we wont use (such as Aux Audio) and use a RJ11 jack without putting users at risk of making a mistake and sending electricity into their network card.

I would be making a custom cable for the speakerphone, that has a RJ11 plug on one end that plugs into the port on the conference table and the other end would have a RJ45 plug that plugs into the speakerphone with the appropriate wires going where they are needed for power and ring/tip. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello Ferguson,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The SoundStation2 , as you are already aware, has a very specific plug and in order to prevent other users to potentially damage any equipment I would appreciate if we could not have such discussion on how to utilize non Polycom conform cables and plugs within the community.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Would you be able to private message me the pinouts so it would stay off the public forum? Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.