Occasional Visitor

Problem with Soundstation Duo when connect PC

Hello.

We have a Soundstatio Dou, with the Polycom Mobile-Connector-Cable (for iPhone and “other”).

If I Connect it to my Mobile (Samsung S4) it work perfectly.

If I connect it to a Laptop (Thinkpad X220 or MacBook) the Mic of the Laptops are still been used.

The Soundstation Speaker is activated, but the Mic of the Soundstation seems to be unconnected.

Is there any hint, Idea, other cable or adapter that could help?

Thank you very much!

All the very best

aranha

P.S.: Ah, and I tried the 2.5mm config. It doesnt matter if I use the mobile- or PC-Config. The issue keeps the same

Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Problem with Soundstation Duo when connect PC

Hello aranha,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Unfortunately newer PC's have Microphone and Speaker on the same socket so the old 2.5mm cable does not work for this and the newer Phone cable is for phones only.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Occasional Visitor

Hi Steffen.

Thank you for your reply.

But what do I have to buy to make it run?

This soundstation works perfecly with all the smartphones, it cant be that it doesnt work with all modern PCs.

Is there another Cable, adapter something like that?

If it is from Polycom, please give me a link.

If there is an adapter, please give me a some word I can google.

Thanks again and best regard

Aranha

Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello aranha,

Polycom does not manufacture any other cables as there has not been much demand for this.

I am unaware of any compatible adapters I could advise you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.