Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I would like to record conferrence calls done on our SoundStation2.  I was informed when we purchased it that I could, using the 2.5mm cable that came with the phone.  This is the cable that has a Y into two plugs at the other end. I have tried plugging it into the SS2 mobile phone jack(as I was told), and do not seem to get any output from the SS2 to the mic plug  (although I can send sounds into the SS2 through the speaker plug).  Is there some configuration I need to do?

Paul Rebmann

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Paul,

Welcome to the Polycom Community.

There are three SoundStation2 models available:

• SoundStation2™ (non-expandable, without LCD display)
  • SoundStation2™ (non-expandable, with LCD display)
  • SoundStation2™ EX (expandable, with LCD display)

The cable/connector you are referring to is the Application Port:

Applications Port connects to mobile phones for dialing from rooms without an analog phone line, and connects to a PC to become a high-quality conference phone for Internet calling*

*Not available on all models.

Please check the Polycom SoundStation2 Page => here <= for additional details and the Data Sheet and FAQ.

In addition all 3 models should feature a RCA Auxiliary Audio Jack on the Multimod that feeds the Power and the line to the SoundStation2 that allows connections to other peripherals, such as an audio recorder.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello Paul,

Welcome to the Polycom Community.

There are three SoundStation2 models available:

• SoundStation2™ (non-expandable, without LCD display)
  • SoundStation2™ (non-expandable, with LCD display)
  • SoundStation2™ EX (expandable, with LCD display)

The cable/connector you are referring to is the Application Port:

Applications Port connects to mobile phones for dialing from rooms without an analog phone line, and connects to a PC to become a high-quality conference phone for Internet calling*

*Not available on all models.

Please check the Polycom SoundStation2 Page => here <= for additional details and the Data Sheet and FAQ.

In addition all 3 models should feature a RCA Auxiliary Audio Jack on the Multimod that feeds the Power and the line to the SoundStation2 that allows connections to other peripherals, such as an audio recorder.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Does the record audio out work if the speaker is turned all the way down?  We are using it to record a call for a podcast and want to make sure the audio is not local.   

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.