Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Unit has been working well for many years.  This week, an issue came up where, when pressing the "call" button, only a busy signal was obtained.  The phone extension to which the unit's base has been tethered can get a dial tone and can make then call, then after the call is established, you can press the "call" button on the SS2W and continue with the call.  We could not find any changes to the system or any adjustment in the menu that would correct this and allow the entire operation to be done from the SS2W as it had all these years.  Thus, I attempted to perform a software update - the SS2W locked up at Step 2.  After following the troubleshooting help (for which there is none for a cessation at Step 2), I stopped the update thru Windows Task Manager, then downloaded the software update again and started over completely.  The unit is now stuck at "Ready to Start Download".  The error message and troubleshooting help that comes up on the computer now says to press the menu button and go to "software update".  Neither the menu button or any other button on the SS2W does anything.  This appears to be a condition that has been experienced by a number of users when performing the update.

Please advise if there is any reboot/return to previous version/etc options.  This unit was working perfectly three days ago, had the first and only "minor" glitch in achieving a dial tone two days ago, and in trying to perform a software update today, is completely unusable.

Please help.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello blaine,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Sometimes it helps to provide some details on the infrastructure you are using:

• What Operating system are you running on your PC you used to flash the SS2W?
  • Are you using any firewall or antivirus on this PC?
  • Have you tried a different PC yet?
  • What is the serial number of the unit?

I recently dealt with a similar issue with an Italian customer and we got the SS2W back to our developers and they flashed it first time and the unit was all working.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen:  Thank you for the reply.  I will try it on a different network and computer if I make no further progress today.

I have not had any firewall or antivirus issues with other systems upgrades.  The operating system I am using is Windows 7 Professional.

The serial number of the unit is AA08113053C01.

If I am able to get it to boot again, can you offer any advice on what can address the initial issue that I was having?  (Pressing the "call" button on the SS2W unit only gets a busy signal - does not get a dial tone; however, the system phone to which the unit's base station is tethered can get a dial tone;  I can dial the call on that phone and then once the call is established, press the "call" button on the the SS2W unit and continue with the call.  We have previously always been able to get a dial tone and make the entirety of the call from the SS2W unit).

HP Recommended

Hello blaine,

the unit may be defective but there is not a lot of diagnostic you can do once you recovered it from the failed Software Upgrade.

You could test it on a different analog line but it was sold back in 22/09/2011 so it is well out of its warranty.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Is the USB cable anything special?  I have been using a cable from our video camera -- second-guessing everything now since I've tried to update using three separate computers on different networks/no network.  If the buttons on the unit were functional, then I might be able to get to the menu screen for performing the software update, but no buttons on the unit work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.