Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have just purchased a SoundStation 2 and after set up, and reading manual numerous times, I am still unable to dial out from the phone.  NOTE: Incoming calls are received fine. And previous board phone connects without issues.

The display is not showing the option for Speed Dial or New Call above the left "Soft Key Function" - this display field is empty. (Display is however showing both Ph Book and Redial options).

The phone line is connected directly from analog phone line via the Telephone cord provided by Polycom to the Interfact Module. Consule Cable connects from Interface module directly to phone. I have checked the ports and they are set up correctly. No other hardware has been connected to this system. 

When I dial on hook (press phone button and dial 7 digit local number) there is a dial tone, the numbers dial, but the phone doesn't connect. Consistently get message "please hang up and try again". No missed call comes through at the other end (test calls to my cell phone). Again, previous phone used on this line works fine.

Please help!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
I have the same issue on a brand new SoundStation2. Can successfully accept calls, but cannot make outgoing calls... please help us!
HP Recommended

Hello Chevas,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Has this SoundStation been tested on another line as the line may only support pulse dialing.

What country was this unit sold in and is being used?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.