Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi

My company recently purchased SoundStation2 phones to use in our meeting rooms.

We did ask our PABX supplier what phones they would suggest for this purpose and they suggested this phone.

They have not been in use for long, but we seem to have a problem where the phone drops out of the conference call.

The time into the call before this happens is not conistent.

Scenario:

• Dial out to first person, ok.
  • Press flash and dial out to second person, ok.
  • After a period as short as one minute to over 30 minutes, we suddenly discover that we're talking to no one.
  • We subsequently find out that the other parties were carrying on the call without us. Nice of them 🙂

Setup:

• Our office uses CAT 5 structured cabling for our network with a patch panel to distribute connect to either phone or servers.
  • Our PABX provides both digital and analogue lines.
  • The Soundstation2 phones are connected using PABX converters.
  • Our PABX switch is a Toshiba STRATA system.

I have checked with our PABX maintainers whether an analogue line needs any particular configuration in order to use a conference phone. None required apparently.

Unfortunately we don't have any other analogue phones to try on these lines.

Any idea or guidance on how to resolve this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello DogsBody,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I have not heard any reports on such issue and the only way to troubleshoot this would be to get an analog phone to test the adapters.

I assume you purchased multiple SoundStations and it would be really odd if they where all defective causing the issue you describe.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Ok Steffen.

We purchased 4 of them recently.

Unfortunately it has happened when the MD was using it. Cue hasty replacement to old setup.

The only other analogue equipment we have are "Ye Olde" Fax and Franking machine.

One more point.

So far it has only occured when using the Conference call facility provided by the phone, presume this is in conjunction with the system we have.

So far no problem reported "One to One" or when dialling into a conference call facility.

I will monitor the problem and add anything new to this thread.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello DogsBody,

the phone itself does not hold the conference.

This is all done either in the analog adapter or the PABX.

I explain this here:

Oct 20, 2011 QuestionHow can I setup a conference or how many participants can be in the conference?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi, 

We have an identical issue at our office with Polycom soundstation 2 and Polycom Sound Station IP 5000.

All calls made by the polycoms end after 30 minutes.

Was this issue resolved?

please help.

HP Recommended

Hello Ixaris,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The SoundStation 2 is an analog device so the comparison with a SoundStaion IP 5000 is completely different as they utilize different technologies.

• Please check what devices you are utilizing and for analog issues please post a new topic => here <=

• For the SoundStaition  IP5000 please post a new topic => here <= and include the currently used software version and also try to get some logs as explained => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.