Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello sdelira,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Could you be so kind and provide above requested Information?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Ty Steffen..

Yes, the "other products" are all polycom conference room speakerphones of varying models.  Some models appear to have better lower volume characteristics then the soundstation2 (soundstation EX seemed better).

Yes, just local dial tone was load as well (60DBa on lowest setting)

I will attempt to test with an analog phone....  but with similar results on this same set in other conference rooms I will assume this issue is not line specific.   

HP Recommended

I'd like to pick this thread back up, as I am having the same issues with my device, which is a:

SoundStation2

Part No. 2201-16200-001 C

Connected to an analog phone line

The volume of the speaker is very loud, even after adjusting the volume to "minimum" setting.  I have also observed that the speaker is quieter when another phone device picks up on the same phone line (it is still loud, but somewhat better in this situation).

Is there a fix for this issue (e.g., software patch or hardware tweak to the phone)?

In the absence of a fix, is there any way to do a work-around for this (e.g, open up the speaker section of the phone and lay some sound absorbing fabric/cloth over the speaker)?

HP Recommended

I have the same problem.  I have a Polycom SoundStation2 with display, Part No. 2201-16000-601.  System info is SS2.C0N.01.252.  Even with the speaker volume turned all the way down (only one bar showing on display), the volume is TOO LOUD.  The volume seems o.k. when the other callers are on speakerphones on their end, but anyone on a standard phone comes across very loud -- it sounds like they are shouting and their voices can be heard clearly outside my office even with the door closed.  I've taken to stacking books on top of the speaker to muffle the volume.

PLEASE ADVISE HOW TO FIX THIS!  I almost NEVER have to set the speaker volume higher than 1 bar (minimum volume).

HP Recommended

If it matters, serial number is H811020207xx.

HP Recommended

We just used our new Polycom Soundstation 2. It is way too loud even on the lowest volume. Do I understand from this thread that Polycom has been unresponsive in providing an answer to this problem?  

HP Recommended

Hello all,

Polycom makes every effort to engineer our SoundStation2 products to provide an optimal audio experience under a variety of standard operating environments, however, in some instances customers may find the minimum volume to not be satisfactory.

Polycom has investigated this and determined that in some instances this is due to the incoming gain level from a bridge or PBX being too high.  

Phones with firmware xx.01.2xx include an enhancement to help improve this scenario, however, we recommend reducing the incoming gain level on the phone line to fully address the issue.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I too am having this problem.  At the lowest volume setting; some voices are so loud I've had to cover the speaker.  Is there no adjustment that can be made to the volume setting???  help... I may have to return the phone.

HP Recommended

Hello SBilleisen,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please see the reply above your post.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I have the same problem also.  It's a SoundsStation2 Expandable, Part No 2201-16200-001 with a sticker marked with "F".  Can the firmware in my unit be upgraded?   It is connected to an analog line from comcast digital voice (connected to cable modem).  

On the lowest volume setting, the dial tone is 75db, much much too loud.

Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.