Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi - I have a soundstation 2 part# --2201 16200 601.  It is an analog phone.  The volume on the lowest setting is incredibly loud. It is not connected to a PBX. I did not see a response/solution related to analog users.

What can I do to reduce the volume? Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello MobileHome,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Is this a brand new unit or a used unit ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue.  I cannot bring the volume to a reasonable level, even at the lowest level.  I have a  Soundstation2 - Expandable.  Part No.:  2201-16200-001.  Any help you can provide would be fantastic.

HP Recommended

Hello Happydog,

This post contains over 40 replies already and quite some detailed replies from myself.

• If this is a SoundStation with display could you please provide the Software Version via Menu Button => This Phone => System Information?
  • In Addition we would like to know the Serial Number of the Unit.

As alreaady replied => here <= 

• only Phones with firmware xx.01.2xx include an enhancement to help improve this scenario

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I too have a Soundstation2 on which the volume control of the speaker has little or no effect, and in particular cannot be reduced to a comfortable level. (I returned the one that was originally delivered, thinking it was defective; Factory Outlet Store replaced it without comment, but the replacement exhibited exactly the same  problem.)

The one I now have is SoundStation2 non-expandable w/ display, software version SS2.CON.01.252, Part 2201-16000-601, serial? H811110209E0, operated on a POTS residential phone line (i.e. not VOIP, not through a switchboard).

I have a two-part solution:

(1) Ignore Polycom; the company seem reluctant to admit there is a problem, and anyway they do not have a solution;

(2) Tape a piece of styrofoam over the speaker to muffle the sound to a tolerable level. Cheap. Easy. Moderately effective.

A pity that that's so far the only solution offered (other than opening up the device to insert a Radio Shack volume control into its wiring).

HP Recommended

Hello PaloPaolo457,

Software changes where put into place to enable the volume to be lowered to an even normal level.

The original design did not include this but your unit is nearly 6 years old as it was sold back in 27/04/2011 so there is no warranty or anything.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thanks Rintintin! It's 5 years after the thread was created - but this perfectly solved my issue with my overly loud analog SS2. I had to use a 10Kohm because that was all the Shack had in stock (during going out of business sale no less). The 10K doesn't have a very wide control range but it does the trick. Just installed in the back on the side out of the way; set it and forget it and now the volume buttons on the phone work as intended.

HP Recommended

I have the SoundStation 2 "too loud" problem, too. 

Part: 2201-16200-601 (with a label "B")

Serial: H80642022A30

System: 552.com.01.205

I believe this means I have the "better" firmware, is that true?

However, it is still WAY too loud, and that's been true for POTS as well as VOIP.

Is there any adjustment I can make, given the firmware I have?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello @stevlevin,

Your phone was sold via YORK TELECOM CORPORATION back in 08/12/2006 so this is over 11 years old.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Yes, that's true. But does age matter? I'm not asking for a warranty issue, I'm asking if there is any adjustment I can make to volume.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.