Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have users that complain the volume is still too loud even at the lowest setting on the Polycom Soundstation 2 and sensitive information can be heard locally outside the conference room.

Is there a way to lower the master volume on the Soundstation beyond the default?

51 REPLIES 51
HP Recommended

Hello Hackton,

I understand that you are having some issues with your Soundstation 2 and its audio being to loud on its lowest setting. To answer your direct question the way to adjust the speaker volume of the unit is while in an active call press the volume button on the unit to adjust the speaker volume. When the unit is in use is it connected to an analog line? If you connect the unit to a fax line and attempt to place a call are you running across the same issues?

HP Recommended

We have this same issue- I have turned the volume down as low as possible when on a call and it is still way too loud.  Is there anything else to try or do to solve this problem?

HP Recommended

Same issue here. Employees have complained that the volume is too loud, and it's a problem when handling confidential conference calls. Currently they are trying to muffle the speaker as best as they can by covering it up. I've contacted our phone system provider and they've assured us that there's nothing they can do to reduce the gain across the line. Is there any attenuator or equalizer that can be bought to make the volume lower?

HP Recommended

Same issue here too...  anyone hear anything from Polycom product mgrs?, any issues with connection of soundstation2 to network?  anyone do any actual quantitative measurement of actual volumes (DB Levels)?  Model 2201-16200-001E?  I see ""Volume adjustable to 94 DBA SPL (peak) volume at 0.5 meters" on spec sheet, no minimum...?

HP Recommended

More info, my soundstation2 is network attached via a cisco ATA 186.  Listening to bridge call when experiencing loud volumes, if I listen on a voip phone to same bridge I also hear one person with pretty loud volume, on lowest setting on voip phone as well....?

HP Recommended

Hello all,

I have brought this issue to the Product Managements attention and we would like to gather some Information.

Could you provide more details on the SoundStation itself?

Is it a SoundStation with or without Display?

If this is a SoundStation with display could you please provide the Software Version via Menu Button => This Phone => System Information?

In Addition we would like to know the Part Number and the Serial Number of the Unit.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services 

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

TY Steffen for help......

Soundstation 2 has a display, the unit was replaced "on suspicion" i'll assume it was replaced "like for like".

Part number - 2201-16000-001 E

serial nunmber?  H60541000 A71

firware?  SS2.con.01.115

(non expandable)?

My db measures using iphone app (audio tool, DBa) from approx .5 meters (arm reach to unit) was 60 DB on dialtone and 66DB for a recording.

This new replacerment  seemed better on lowest level, but marginally..   Some audio bridge calls have louder members then others,   

similar products in other conference rooms seem to exhibit similar results. 

One call direct from polycom to a voip phone user was reading 101db, another cell phone user was 78db.

Thanx for listening....

HP Recommended

Hello Fletch,

thanks for getting back.

You mentioned other Products, are these Polycom Phones?

What happens when you simply go off hook and get dial tone, can you lower the dial tone to an acceptable Volume without dialing another participant or into an audio/conference bridge?

We need to determine if the basic volume of the speaker can be lowered to an acceptable level before dialing another number in order to verify if the issue is caused by the line/extension of the phone, an audio bride or the design/software of the unit itself. 

You may be able to lower the attenuation via the PABX/Line used.

Have you checked a regular analog phone on the same line?

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi, I am having the same issue with my Sounstation, the volume is still too loud even at its lowest level.

I have gone ahead and taken the time to test it out with an analog line and it was still too loud...i actually didnt notice a difference. I think someone previously asked about an equalizer that we can maybe hook it up to so we can bring the voume a bit lower. There has got to be a way to get this volume lower, please help us out. thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.