Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

After the battery was empty my Soundstation 2W, which before worked fine for 3 years, has the following symptoms:

After connecting to a recharged battery or the ac-connector the three LEDs light up red and the display reads SS2W: bootLdr: loading image, and SS2W bootldr: Checksum OK. After approx. 2 seconds the lights and the display turn off and the station is dead, nothing works anymore.

Can you help?

Thank you

Gilbert

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello Gilbert,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I have not heard of such issue yet and would need to check some details.

What is the serial number of the unit ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you Steffen,

The serial number is 0F0A1345157A9 (Part no. 2201-67800-101)

Kind regards

Gilbert

HP Recommended

Hello Gilbert,

I can see you already tried to raise a service ticket 1-1879375460 but as the Unit was sold via Ingram Micro back in 07/03/2014 the unit unfortunately is out of its warranty from a manufacturer point of view.

I suggest you contact Ingram as they are the reseller of this unit.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Dear Steffen

Your answer is not very helpful. I have a technical problem with a product of your company (which we indeed bought im March 2014). So I exspected technical help from the manufacturer beyond the question, if there is still a guarantee. That's no customer service at all.

Kind regards

Gilbert v. Knobelsdorff

HP Recommended

Hello Gilbert v. Knobelsdorff,

Like many other manufacturers our Warranty is one year.

We would need to look at the unit but as the manufacturers warranty is expired this is not free.

The above does not affect the warranty provided by your reseller which depending on your country of residence is longer than 1 year.

Please contact Ingram Micro directly so you can discuss options with them.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Dear Steffen,

That was again not helpful in any way. Obviously you do not want to understand.

1. We did not bought the Soundstation from Ingram Micro. I don't know this company and have no contact details which you also did not provide to me. Our distributor was Jakob Eletronik but they said I shall contact the manufacturer!

2. I do not care, if there is still warranty or not. I just want to have the problem fixed. If there is no warranty anymore and we have to pay for the repair (even that shows the product has no good quality) that is OK.

3. Beyond the fact that the Soundstation does not work anymore after only 1,5 years it is very annoying that I waste so much time with this issue.

4. Maybe you are able to just explain me who I have to call or where I have to send the Soundstation (including contact details) for repair.

Kind regards

Gilbert v. Knobelsdorff

HP Recommended

Hello Gilbert v. Knobelsdorff,

Ingram Mikro is the reseller who purchased the SoundStation 2W and other Product from us in bulk and then resells these to individual partners like the one you have purchased the unit from.

Checking your registration details I assume you are located in Germany.

You can always open a self service ticket via this page => here <= and chose the RMA option and the prices should be quoted online but contacting Ingram directly would probably enable you to claim the German warranty regulations which to my knowledge are at least 2 years.

Ingram has sold the phone so this warranty is their responsibility but it is up to you to use the priced Polycom RMA option.

I appreciate the fact that the unit should not break after such a short duration but as mentioned already in my 8 years experience with these devices I have not yet had such a case and due our 1 year warranty am unable to deal with this nearly 2 year old unit.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Dear Steffen,

Thank you for your answer which gives a little bit more help. But the following three things which I have learned from a telephone call with your colleague Thomas Michel I am missing in your answer:

1. Polycom does not offer any possibility to repair the soundstation.

2. There is only the possibility of an exchange but this will at the end cost almost the same or even more than buying a new soundstation

3. The described malfunction you can find her in the community posted from another customer and I was told that this is a chip problem and Polycom is aware of this and experienced it also from other customers.

Kind regards

Gilbert

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.