Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have a Soundstation 2W that has been working fine up until recently. On our last few conference calls, the participants on the other end of the line have been unable to hear us. We can hear them fine but they are saying that the sound is very faint or none at all. We have not changed the way we use the console, the phone line that we are using (analog) or the location (boardroom). I have reset the factory defaults and tested the mics. The mics are showing 3 to 4 bars from each of the 3 console mics.

Please provide any suggestions on what might be causing the far-end sound quality issues and what we can do to resolve them.

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello caymanmatt,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Its always useful to provide as much background information as possible.

• Have you tried calling an internal extension or is this some kind of external bridge?
  • Whats the Software Version of this Unit?
  • What is the serial number of this unit?
  • Have you powered off all components yet?
  • Have you tried a different line yet?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thank you for your additional questions. Below are my responses.

• Have you tried calling an internal extension or is this some kind of external bridge? Yes, I have tried both internal and external extensions and the sound quality is the same for both
  • Whats the Software Version of this Unit?

CVM: 1.61

DSP: S2W.CON.01.358

CPLD: 1.06

G208100634369

IC: 1849C-SS2W

US: 2HWW410B-SS2W

FCC ID: M72-SOUNDS2W

CFT:RCPPOSO05-292

• Have you powered off all components yet? Yes
  • Have you tried a different line yet? Yes. Tried a different line in a different office.

Thanks,

Matt

HP Recommended

Hello Matt,

Based on the serial number I can see that you have already tried to work with our support team via case 1-1943640840.

Checking the details it seems that you may not even are the original first owner of the unit as I got other account details against this device.

Judging that this unit has been sold nearly 8 years ago back in June 2006, and not knowing any of its full history, I can only assume that the unit is defective and needs to be replaced.

Our call centre team should be able to discuss your RMA options with you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

Our Polycom soundstaion 2w says "please wait" on the screen.

I tried default factory reset and reboot  but it didn't fix the problem.  In addition, when I go to the Menu -> THIS PHONE -> SYSTEM INFORMATION -> once it shows the information, CVM: UNAVAILABLE, DSP: S2W.CON.01.605, CPLD: 1.06, none of the soft keys work and I have to unplug the power and back in to get the console buttons to work again.  Any ideas?

Soundstation is 2 year old.

Regards,

Naresh

HP Recommended

Hello naresh,

Its always useful to provide as much background information as possible.

• Have you powered off all components yet?

I am aware that you may have answered already some of the questions but the more details the better

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

We are having the exact same problem as caymanmatt did on 1-22-16.  We have an older Soundstation 2W that has been working fine for years and now, out of the blue, the participants on the other end of the line can't hear us.  We did go into diagnostics and the mic on the main unit is turned up to the max.  We use no remote mics.  We also replaced the battery, maybe 6 months ago, but the sound problem exists whether the unit is plugged into the wall or not.

I think this is the serial number:

AA0811234BE51

I have no idea what the software version is or where to even find that out.  

Yes, it's an older unit...six, maybe even seven years old.  But we don't use it that much...never have.  

Hoping you can assist.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello @ChimneyStack ,

According to our records the unit was sold 12/09/2011 so it is nearly 8 years old.

The only way is an RMA

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Steffen,

Thanks so much for the quick reply !!  

Three questions:  

1. How and where do I get an RMA?

2. Assume you're suggesting I send the unit to Polycomm once I get an RMA?  In your experience, what are the odds they can fix this problem - and what might you guess the fee might be?  (Don't worry - I'm looking for just a guesstimate on both...I won't hold you to it...just trying to figure out if I should hope the unit can be repaired for a reasonable amount or if I should go ahead and start shopping for a replacement unit, whether Polycomm or not).

3. Obviously, this is not the first Soundstation 2W to have this problem out of the blue.  What might cause such a thing to happen?

Thanks, again.

HP Recommended

Hello @ChimneyStack ,

An RMA can be found => here <= or calling Polycom support in the country you reside.

I am not aware what the Price would be and neither am I aware that this would be a wide spread issue.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.