Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I could not find something in the specs.

The data sheet just talks about supporting DECT and its frequencies: http://www.polycom.com/content/dam/polycom/common/documents/data-sheets/soundstation2w-ds-enus.pdf

I have a Soundstation 2W registered with our DECT system, which is AVAYA IP-DECT. This is a business grade DECT system with a number of basestations forming a DECT cloud over the campus. Normal handsets are able to walk trough this area, i.e they support roaming and handover.

For this to be working, the DECT PP must support GAP and CAP. The question is regarding CAP.

Current observation is, if the conference phone is moved to another room, it doesn't switch to a better basestation. Instead it sticks to the one where it registered at boot time.

I think, Polycom conference phones are professional business gears and should support CAP as well.

Can someone give a statement regarding this matter? Many thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello netsurfer,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The SoundStation 2W is not really a "mobile" device which a user would use to walk around a building and therefore I do not believe this is an applicable use case.

If CAP is not specifically mentioned in the data sheet I doubt we do support this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick answer!

With other devices, typicaly DECT phones, I see it that CAP is almost never mentioned, but may be available.

So, if it is mentioned, then it is available. If it is not mentioned, it will not mean much.

As an example, Gigaset DECT phones in the lower price segment are typically not supporting it. The better, more business like, may do it, but it's almost never in the docs.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.