Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a Soundstation 2W - both the station and the base have the same serial number. Sn# F208030409297.

The station says "PLEASE WAIT ..."

The signal strength icon has no bars (the base has power and is located right beside the station)

Everything on the menu system seems to be accessible.

I tried an upgrade  (twice) ... gets all the way through to number 6 and at the end says that the upgrade has failed.  Nothing else to go on ... just "failed".  The USB is installed - otherwise the upgrade doesn't start at all. The station display looks like it is receiving the download.

I've tried registering with the base many times  .... I can push the button on the base for 10 secs and the station says "registering".    so there has to be a signal between the two for this bit to work surely ? 

System info :

CVM cycles between :   "Unavailable" and a.50
DSP : S2W.CON.01.607

CPLD: 1.06

Registration info :

BASE cycles between : unavailable and ffffffffff

CONS : ffffffffff

IPEI: has a set of numbers  - if they're important let me know

I don't have a reseller to take the unit back to -  I'm it.

If this is a hardware issue it is not apparent.

Any help appreciated !!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

Thanks for the quick reply.  The unit was 'found' and given to me to see if I could fix it.  I'm not sure how long it has been doing the "Please wait ..." but certainly as long as I've had it after recharging the battery - which has been a few days now.

What I find strange is that I can press the "paging" button for 10 secs and the station then says "Registering" ....  but doesn't actually register.  It implies that the station has actually received a signal from the base does it not ?

I will raise with Polycom service request.

thanks

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello sshalp,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

You have not provided any information on how long this unit has been in that state or if this is only a recent development.

Looking at the serial number F208030409297 I can see the unit was sold back in 22/04/2008 so it is over 7 years old.

The alternating / scrolling of the software version is an indication that the wireless connectivity has been lost and to my knowledge this is not something an end user can recover.

I would suggest you contact our Support Team => here <= and check for Repair Pricing Options for this out of warranty unit.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

Thanks for the quick reply.  The unit was 'found' and given to me to see if I could fix it.  I'm not sure how long it has been doing the "Please wait ..." but certainly as long as I've had it after recharging the battery - which has been a few days now.

What I find strange is that I can press the "paging" button for 10 secs and the station then says "Registering" ....  but doesn't actually register.  It implies that the station has actually received a signal from the base does it not ?

I will raise with Polycom service request.

thanks

HP Recommended

Hello sshalp,

From experience the base is fine but the unit is defective.

As you mention service request, the unit is out of warranty for over 6 years (1 year manufacturers warranty) so you will require an RMA quote for a repair.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have a fairly new  (I think it arrived in May of 2017) SoundStation 2W SN: AA02153263BC1 that is completely stuck. It just says Please wait and no buttons seem to work or clear this. What should I do? This is a recent development and has been working fine up until now.

HP Recommended

Hello @lrollins,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The unit was sold back in 03/02/2016 via WESTCON-CANADA according to our records.

If everything, aka unplugging / removing battery, has been tested then I assume the unit has become defective and needs to be replaced.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thank you so much - interesting that it is a 2016 model when we didn't receive it until 2017 - but no matter. Unplugging the battery worked. Whew.

HP Recommended

My Polycom Soundstation2w not registering with the base.

Need help to rectify this problem.

Thanks.

krand

HP Recommended

Hello @krand 

Welcome to the Poly community.

Did you read any of the above aka did you provide any details that the previous posters supplied?

Best regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.