Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

This feature allows RealPresence Group 700 systems to operate in dual-camera mode using a specific layout.

The purpose of this forum is to provide your feedback on your experience of the feature and to get information about the feature from Polycom product management and other users.

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

I work in the IT department for a rural county and we purchased the RPG 700 series specifically for the dual live-stream PiP feature. We are aiming to live-stream our board meetings.  The main camera view is of the Board of Supervisors and the room view (picture in picture) is of the public speakers at the podium.  However as of right now, this feature is unusable for us for two reasons:

1) The PiP video feed flickers full green at variable frequencies (~10-30Hz).  This happens with either camera set as the PiP view.  I've tested every layout and here's what I've found: "equal size" and "side-by-side 3D" are the only multi-stream configurations that appear to work properly, but they sacrafice too much resolution to be useful for us.

2) Even if the feed didn't flicker bright green, when we toggle the camera button to "Camera Off" using the Real Presence touch panel or remote control, the main video (full-screen) feed  turns off, but the PiP feed stays on.  Furthermore, when toggling the button again, to "Camera On", the main video feed never returns (and the PiP is still unchanged remains on).  The only way to get both feeds back is to reboot the codec.

Our Setup:

We're using a Real Presence Group 700 Series Codec, an EagleEye Director (VGA) with dual EagleEye III Cameras as the "main view", and an EagleEye IV (HDMI) as the "room view" (PiP).

We also have a RealPresence Touch panel to control the presentation, but we also have a polycom remote to use as a fallback -- I've tested with both; outcome is the same.

Video of issue 1 (PiP flickering):

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)

Video of issue 2 (video not coming back):

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)

It is my guess that at least a handful of polycom devs are aware of this issue, but I would like to make it known that it would be a very valuable feature for us if these two issues could be resolved.

RealPresence Group Series software version 6.0 update (October 4, 2016).

When enabling of diabling the dual live stream feature it will require a system restart to take effect without any indication text for the reboot.

HP Recommended

Where's my previous post?

HP Recommended

This is the first post in this Subject since it was created.  Are you sure you have the right forum?

HP Recommended

Yes, this is the right forum.  I uploaded two videos in the original post and I can see those were uploaded but still "approved", the post content however is inaccessible to me so it seems to have been lost in the system.  Is there a community admin that can look into my account to see if my post can be recovered?

Thanks,

-InyoIT

HP Recommended

My last post is floating somewhere in the eether, so I'll do my best to rewrite it, sans videos.

I work for a small local government entity IT department and we are using a polycom AV setup to capture and livestream our Board of Supervisors meetings.  We're using an EagleEye director ("main-view"), to capture the panel of board members, and an EagleEye IV camera ("room-view"), facing the opposite direction, to capture podium speaker.  Both video feeds are input to a RealPresence Group 700 Series codec, and our livestream is a point-to-point call to our MediaSuite Capture Server.  One of the requirements of this project was that the podium camera feed be displayed as a picture-in-picture over the full-screen Board of Supervisors feed, and this labs feature would make this possible, if it worked properly, but there are two issues preventing this from happening:

1) The PiP feed, whether its configured as "main-view PiP" or "room-view PiP" (i.e. regardless of which cameras are which feeds), flickers bright green at a high and variable frequency (say between 10 and 20 Hz).  This is tough on the eyes, and is quite unacceptable for production.  Also I tested every other dual live-stream configuration and only two of them worked without artifacts-- "equal size" and "side-by-side 3D"-- neither of which are useable for our setup.

2) When toggling the camera control to "Camera Off" (via RealPresence Touch panel or the polycom IR remote), the full-screen feed goes black (instead of showing a blue-screen with a crossed-out camera icon) and PiP feed REMAINS ON.  Furthermore, when toggling the camera control back to "Camera On", the full-screen feed never returns, and the PiP feed is unchanged.  The reason this is important is because at times during the meeting, the board goes on break, and the audio and video feeds need to be off, while the call (aka the live-stream) remains on.  Also we would be able to work around this issue if putting the call on hold worked for more than 30 seconds, but it doesn't -- but that's not an issue with any polycom labs feature and I have a case open for that issue as well (1-2679731346).

Judging by the absence of activity on this thread, I'm guessing this labs feature has not been played with much by actual customers.  So I'm here to let Polycom know that this is a very valuable feature to us, and the reason we elected to go with this setup was dual live-stream support.  We need the PiP functionality to work properly for our project to be complete and we hope the polycom dev team can address this issue sooner than later.

We appreciate any help,

-InyoIT

HP Recommended

Just letting you know this has been seen and is being looked at.

Appreciate your persistance in pointing it out.

HP Recommended

Dear Mod/Polycom,

Is it possible to use two eagle eye director setup's to dual live stream?

HP Recommended

As the only other non-polycom poster on this thread, I will let you know a bit of my experience with the device and the Dual-Live stream feature.

The Real Presence Group 700 takes up to 4 AV inputs.  The setup at my workplace is an EagleEye director as the primary input (over HDCI), an Eagle IV (over HDMI) as the second video input, and a laptop (over HDMI) as a content input.  The fourth input is unused at this time.

As you're probably familiar, The Eagle Eye Directors use a 2D microphone array to triangulate the position of a person speaking, then use a proprietary face-detection algorithm to fine tune the positioning, before switching from the room (wide-angle) view to the zoomed-in view.  The mic array is extremely sensitive, and so room acoustics (e.g. echoes, amplified speakers) can affect tracking.  I'm not sure what your setup is like, but so long as the directors are in isolated locations, this shouldn't be a problem.

It should be noted that this Dual-Live Stream feature is still in beta and has some notable issues that haven't been resolved.  As of version 6.0, Polycom fixed the issue with the green flicker when using picture in picture, however, "muting" and "un-muting" the video stream will result in the main stream not returning.  And the only way to recover the primary feed (that I have found) is to reboot the codec, which in the middle of an event takes several minutes.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

Regards,

-Inyo IT

HP Recommended

This configuration has not been tested so it would be hard to say with difinity either way.  The EE Director was not intended to be used with 2 connected to the same system.

I would be concerned about the calibration of them as well as the 'room view' for them.

Also, the system will not update the EE Director on the 2nd port.  You will have to move it to port 1 to update then back.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.