Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

RealPresence Trio Experimental Feature: Hybrid and Dual-Line Registration

[ Edited ]

The RealPresence Trio 8800 system supports hybrid (Skype for Business / Open SIP) and dual-line (Open SIP / Open SIP) registration as an experimental feature.

You cannot simultaneously register two or more Skype for Business lines.

Feature Limitations

• RealPresence Trio hybrid registration is an experimental feature and will not be supported post GA.
  • RealPresence Trio hybrid registration can have up to three different lines configured. The following are the valid configurations options. Skype for Business can only be configured on line 1.

Configuration Options

Option 1

Option 2

Option 3

Option 4

Line 1

Skype for Business

open SIP

open SIP

Line 2

open SIP

open SIP

open SIP

open SIP

Line 3

open SIP

open SIP

Presence Status

Use cases

Presence State on SfB Line

Presence String

Presence State on
open SIP Line

Non-Skype line is in call

Busy

In a call

Not supported

Skype line is in call

Busy

In a call

Not supported

Content is shared over PPCIP

Busy

In a call

Not supported

Non-Skype line is in conference

Busy

In a conference

Not supported

Skype line is in conference

Busy

In a conference

Not supported

Set DND on Skype line

DND

Do Not Disturb

Not supported

Set DND on Open SIP line

Available

Available

Not supported

To utilize please download the attached file and unzip and import via Utilities > Import & Export Configuration > Choose File > Import

TrioImportConfiguration.PNG

You can now configure the Lines:

TrioMultipleLines.cfg

TrioMultipleLines_02.png

• Create or add the following configuration parameter and value to the configuration file and import/load it via any of the supported provisioning methods.

In the example below, all calls to Video Meeting Rooms (VMRs) will use the Line 2 (L2) DMA line and everything else will use Line 1 (L1) Skype for Business.

Dialplan.digitmap="76x.TL2|60xxxxxxxxL2|86x.TL2|56xxxxxxL2|46xxxxxxL2|36xxxxxxL2|x.TL1"
  • Each dial plan rule is separate by a “|”
  • .T uses the timeout. For Skype for Business lines, this is configured by Skype for Business digit timeout on the phone.
  • L1, L2, L3 – used to specify which line should be used if the dial plan matches.
  • TL1 should always be the last digitmap in the dialplan string when line 1 is Skype Line.

You can configure the dialplan (Digitmap) via the Web Configuration Utility (Web UI) under Settings > SIP.

TrioMultipleLines_03.png

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
REM
Occasional Visitor

Trio - Dual registration

Hi All,

I'm looking for some clarification on what and how I can use the Trio.  We have a SfB environmnet that has no voice capability (yet).  We also have an Avaya telephont environmnet.

Can the Trio register to both platforms and use each platform one at a time?

Eg Call 1 - be registered to SfB and Avaya - and make a telephone call using Avaya 

Call 2 - be registered to SfB and Avaya - and make a SfB call

Thanks,

Rob

REM
Occasional Visitor

Re: RealPresence Trio Experimental Feature: Hybrid and Dual-Line Registration

Hi Steffen - Thanks!! This is exactly what I was searching for!  

Do you know.... or think.... that dual lines will be supported on he Trio in the future?  Its a really great feaeture.

Thanks for your reply!

Cheers,

Rob

Polycom Employee

Re: Trio - Dual registration

[ Edited ]

Using this labs feature this is now possible.

If using Skype4b, it always has to be on "Line 1" and you can have up to two additional SIP Registrations as well.

The good news is, we have enhanced the Digitmap so now when you tap the "Place a Call" button, depending on what you enter in, in terms of digits, you can send the off hook call to TEL1, TEL2 or TEL3 (SIP line 1,2,3)

Or if you can seize a line directly right at the bottom of the phone as well.

Please note this is a labs feature, and is not supported by polycom support.

-Kevin

Kevin Krautle
Polycom Systems Engineer

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Occasional Visitor

Hey all,

Just been trying to get this working all day, it's been... educational?

I tried the zip you uploaded, it uploaded fine to my unit and got three lines showing up.

Great Success!

Except I couldn't register Line 1 as a lync account.

Lync was greyed out too, so after some self education I downloaded the UC release and cracked it with a xml notepad.

after some frustration I just cracked the config backup from the unit instead haha

Couldn't find the right entry for the lycn enable, so I tried to insert it....

No efect, and when I got the new backup the unit had deleted it.

After looking at the other guide I noticed the commands were in a new "folder" called "OVERRIDES"

So I aped that...

Same response.

So I am doing something wrong, any ideas on how to not do it wrong? Or what I am doing wrong?

Haven't worked with xml before, so I'm in the dark as to if it is a syntax or hierachical error or just me messing up in general.

So thanks for taking the time to read it, and hopefully to pen a response!

@picnic

I suggest you factory restore the unit and then ensure it is in Skype for Business / Lync mode first before importing the configuration enabling multiple lines

Please check the Skype for Business FAQ in my signature

Replied via a mobile device
Please be aware:

Occasional Visitor

I was able to get this working by changing the Base Profile to Lync.  I then setup Line 1 as Skype and Line 2 as SIP.

For some reason in Web GUI,  it wouldn't let me change it to Lync2010.  It kept defaulting to LCS2005 and it wouldn't let me sign in.

I modified all the settings for Skype (Credentials and Special Interop: Lync2010) on the Phone itself and it was able to login.

Occasional Visitor

Thanks for the tips!

Been a "fun" day trying to get this working.

Reset went fine, but then the unit refused to log into skype to start with.

Took it off-site to another location in case of network issues, still the same problem.

Rolled it back to previous config, working with the clients existing lync architecture (hybrid I believe)

the script from the first post works to enable the extra lines : my reseller was suggesting I pull the login details off the PC for the skype sip servers and try to set it up as generic, is this what the rest of you did?

going to try this with another device in a location where it can log into sync just fine already, i think, but that doesnt help me with this one.

Any other ideas? From the look of the logs (and no I didn't save them, sorry!) the sip server was rejecting the logon attempt but the device kept on marching and did not retry the logon attempt, just got a heap of file does not exist errors (403)

@PICNIC_error

again please follow these steps:

• Factory Reset the Unit as shown => here <=

• Ensure it is in LYNC Base profile mode as shown => here <= or import the above attached LYNC_SkypeForBusinessBaseProfile.zip (after unzippping)

• Import the  TrioMultipleLines.zip (after unzippping)

• Ensure you have a time server as shown => here <=

• Sign into LYNC / Skype for Business as shown => here <= and do not change any other settings

If the above still does not work please provide some logs and a backup:

• Utilities > Phone Backup & Restore > Export Phone Backup File > Phone Backup
  • Diagnostics > View & Download Logs > UCS Application > Export
  • Diagnostics > View & Download Logs > System Log

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

Occasional Visitor

Hello everybody,

first of all: thanks for this feature!

I have, however, struggled to get it working. Our plan was to run a Skype for Business account (line 1) and a SIP account from an external Cloud PBX provider (line 2) simultaneously. Currently the Skype for Business account is running fine but the SIP account is only receiving inbound calls. When trying to place an outbound call (from the "Dialpad" and "Line 2" key) I receive four busy signals and the call is canceled. In every other SIP phone outbound calls work from this SIP account.

Here are the steps we took:

1. We had a Trio 8800 that had the Skype for Business account configured. (base profile is Lync, product number ends in -018)

2. We updated to the newest software available.

3. We uploaded the configuration file from this post to our system and rebooted.

4. We configured Line 2 with the address and SIP server.

We did not change the SIP settings and digitmap settings. When we tried to change the digitmap, the Skype for Business and SIP account would not work at all, neither inbound nor outbound.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!