Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am trying to pair RealPresence Group 300 with my iPad3 running latest iOS 7.0.4. I've downloaded the latest Polycom RealPresence Mobile 3.1-44477. I've enabled SmartPairing on RPG300 via the web interface, mode to Automatic, and tried Signal to both Auto and 10. I've also enabled SmartPairing and Auto Detection on iPad app. But the "Detected" field is always empty for both Share Content and Room Control. The iPad and the RPG300 is less than 1m apart with no obstacle in between. They are literally sitting on the same table. They are both in the same LAN environment with IP 192.168.1.x. Calling/manual connect works.

Do I need to point the iPad at a specific direction, or do I need to attach anything such as speakers/ultrasonic transmitter on the RPG300?

What am I doing wrong?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended
  • Make sure Telnet is enabled on the endpoint, SmartPairing will not work without telnet turned on.
  • Some RPD MAC users reported that they had to disable the audio echo cancelling in their MAC audio settings tab.
  • Are the tweeters burned out in the local speakers?
  • Make sure wireless devices are on the same subnet as the codec you wish to pair with. This was found internally here at Polycom as well, our wireless subnets are not on the same subnets as our room systems and the wireless devices could not find the codecs due to networking, not a fault of the wireless device. This is by design to prevent someone outside the conference room pairing with the room system and taking it over.
  • Also -
    • Are the tweeters burned out in the local speakers?

To check to see if the ultrasound is indeed being coming out your loudspeakers , try the free SpectrumView from Oxford Wave Research for the iPhone / iPad.

http://www.oxfordwaveresearch.com/j2/products/spectrumview

Be sure to choose 48 kHz for the “Audio Sample Rate” in settings. The ultrasonic frequencies sent are from 20.1 to 20.5 kHz. They show up very clearly in this application if they are there.

On the Group Series

• SmartPairing is disabled by default in all Security Profiles (it must be manually enabled via API command or Web UI (4.1.1 or later - Admin Settings > General Settings > Pairing > SmartPairing > SmartPairing Mode)

Set the Pairing mode to Automatic - the signal volume when set to Auto may or may not be loud enough for the room.  This is where the Spectrun View on the app comes in.  You can definitely see the amplituide change.

Also the volume level of the room speakers is a factor.

So bottom line is if you can 'see' the signal in the spectrum and the4 Group Series is listed in the 'Smart Pairing' menue on the RPM app and it still does not connect then it is a network issue. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.