Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I can get audio from the other end but I can't see their video (only the default blue screen appears) on my iPad connected over cellular data. I have tried this on 2 iPads.

I have tried the test number 140.242.250.203 and am able to get both video and audio through H.323 but not through SIP .

I tried connecting to their number through another user's Android phone and was able to get video and audio.

I have connected through a mobile hotspot and can get audio and video.

Why is it that when I connect through cellular on my iPad I can't get video?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello tzaqaree,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

If you can connect to the Polycom test sites but are unable to connect to a IP address given to you by a third party most likely they have not forwarded the relevant ports etc.

Please have a look at the Video FAQ in my signature.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Also, I have tried connecting through the desktop application to the mobile site. The same problems occur for the ip address that I am trying to connect to, but not for the test site.

HP Recommended

Hello tzaqaree,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

If you can connect to the Polycom test sites but are unable to connect to a IP address given to you by a third party most likely they have not forwarded the relevant ports etc.

Please have a look at the Video FAQ in my signature.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We were able to connect using another phone to get both audio and video. 

HP Recommended

Hello tzaqaree,

is this:

• Android or iOS?
  • Same version?
  • Same network provider / network?
  • Same Data Plan?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended
  • iOS but we are having the same problems on an Android device I have tested with. This problem also occurs on the desktop version.
  • The iOS and the Android are using the newest version. I'm not sure what version the phone that was working used. 
  • Same network. Verizon.
  • Different Data plans.
HP Recommended

The user who's phone worked to connect was using SIP with UDP Transport Protocol but no SIP registration. We were using H.323 protocol. Tried switching our protocol to UDP but it still is not working. 

HP Recommended

Turns out he had his video turned off.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.