Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
I have a table Acer A500 wich i have read specifications and i found its very similar to a Galaxy 10.1 Does any body knows where can i download tha app, because in the market my tablet is not able to download it ?? Best Regards, Marcos Herrera
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Merriam

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The current supported devices are clearly outlined => here <=

These include:

• Samsung Galaxy Tab 10"
  • Apple iPod 2
  • Motorola Xoom

No other devices are currently supported.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Merriam

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The current supported devices are clearly outlined => here <=

These include:

• Samsung Galaxy Tab 10"
  • Apple iPod 2
  • Motorola Xoom

No other devices are currently supported.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for starting this thread. I am considering buying a tablet for testing mobile device HD video conferencing, but am wondering if there is a timeline for additional tablets to be added to the supported devices list. Based on what I've read, the Android software interacts with the hardware on the device as well as the software and has to be customized for each make/model even though they are running 3+ versions. Are there any updates on when other devices may be supported? Thanks!

HP Recommended

I already have an Acer A500 and cannot understand why you are limiting the usage of the application? The A500 has the same core components as the Motorola Xoom.

This is what forces people to take your APK and modify it to support other devices and reduce your brand value.

HP Recommended

Hello Wombo,

Product management decides what Hardware Platforms are currently supported and the Development team has tested the Solution on above 3 stated devices.

Another tablet may have the same or nearly same hardware specification but due these small differences the Solution may not work as it has been designed to do so.

Other Platforms may follow but you can always open an Feature Request => here <= to highlight the lack of support for another popular tablet.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello Friends,

Anybody knows if Polycom has a roadmap for the AcerTabA500? (Need I open a "feature request" as mentioned above?)

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.