Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I cannot get the Droid vidoe app to work properly it does not get any video. It seems to default to sound. It also is unable to hear sound. The other party can hear the sound from the Droid.

We have fidled with limit noobs the application has lowering and raised the bandwidth with same result.

This is a Zoom Tablet., 

The App also seems to crash every 15 mins or so as well.  

Perhaps there is something I can to to trouble shoot some more.

Thanks for your Help....

Bsavage

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

The first suggestion that we commonly have as a troubleshooting step is to take the network firewall completely out. See if you can establish a solid point to point connection between the app and another device on the same LAN segment, see if you get video and audio both directions. It is important to prove that the application/device works as designed. Once that has been confirmed then move to testing over the network through the firewall. If the firewall configuration at either end is not correct, trying to get the application to work will be unsuccessful.

HP Recommended

It is even worse going point to point. At least when I use the Gatekeeper I can connect, I'll be it without video. With Point to Point the software cannot seem to answer the call. The Button to answer does not seem to answer/work. We have removed the App and re installed with same result. 

So since I can connect through the Gatekeeper That rules out the gateway/firewall here. 

We have 15 other device, moslty laptops, on the network using PVX and they all work fine.  

HP Recommended

1720 is your call setup negotiation port. so you'll need to make sure that is not blocked.

1719 needs to be open if your registering to a gatekeeper.

I don't think Realpresence mobile has fixed ports at the moment, so your going to want to have your Dynamic port range open to traffic.  You might concider just doing a DMZ if your still having problems from your router to the device.

If your Provisioned to CMA, It should handle the port you should use 3230 - 3235 fixed ports on the CMA.

To be honest though, Realpresence mobile that is not connected to the CMA will only work when connected to the same Lan Segment.

HP Recommended

We don't use a CMA here. All the above port are open.  Please understand that this works fine within our network using PVX and/or M100. So I sure the proper ports are open but I did double check.  

Since point to point does not work within our network I am guessing the App is not quit ready for prime time.

We have now tried it on a second tablet with no success.  

It seems to crash often  and during Point to Point tests within our network hears the ring but is unable to answer as pressing the answer button does not do anything that we can see except sometime crash the app. This behavior was similar on both tablets.  

So I don't see that anything is being blocked that is reqired by this.  We have removed and reinstalled the App several times. 

Any other suggestions would be great.

Thanks

TBS

HP Recommended

Realpresence is not PVX or M100. It operates differently. It will have to be on the same lan segment OR connected to a gatekeeper to route calls correctly. Sounds like somthing on your network is blocking ports.  Try this on a home router with both tablets connected to it and not going through your network for a quick test, they should communicate.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.