Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I don't know if anybody else has come across this, but recently my Polycom CMA Desktop client refuses to register to the gatekeeper on my PC. It has worked perfectly over the past year and all of a sudden whenever I attempt to dial out to a MeetingID or call a contact I recieve a 'The site you called could not be located. Check the calling information and try again' error.

I can log on fine using another PC or even a Mac on the exact same network, but continue to get this error on my own PC. I've tried switching from automatic to specifying the specific server address to no avail, and have completely uninstalled and re-installed the CMA client w/o any luck either.

Is there some odd PC setting I may have inadverdantly changed to cause this gatekeeper failure? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello mlabonte,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Most likely a firewall issue.

The relevant Ports are in the Release Notes and have been discussed many times within the community.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Might be a DNS issue if you are using a dns name. Use nslookup to check if you resolve the name correctly. If you are using ip this is not the problem.

I had this problem in the past and removed the client registration from the CMA server itself and it cleard.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.