Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Hoping someone can help as I've now tried everything.

I have down loaded the polycom app to my ipad to be able to call colleagues in another country. This will not work when connect to my home internet. I have asked my provider to open all the ports as advised by polycom. when I try to call it calls out it seems to connect and apparently my colleagues can see and hear me but I cannot see or hear them. The bars in the left corner are on red, does this mean the connection is not good enough my end? I do have a fast speed to my home so I am surprised if it is this.

I have tried polycom in other locations connecting to other modems and it will work, this is why its a mystery to not work at home.

Anything anyone can advise would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

What protocol are you using for your calls, H.323 or SIP?  I have my iPad (on Comcast home internet, WIFI), with H.323 set OFF, SIP set ON, Transport Protocol set to TCP and SIP Registration set OFF.  Depending on your home router, you might need to do some port forwarding to your iPad's locally obtained IP address.  Have you tried the Polycom test numbers (one being 140.242.250.203)?

HP Recommended

I did some tests with my iPAD and RPM 3.5.1-61128 capturing the SIP traffic for two calls. The first one connects but fails to receive audio/video (100% packet loss) from a Polycom public test unit HDX8000/3.1.6 (140.242.250.203).  The second one connects and successfully receives incoming media from the far end (Verizon Conferencing ConnectCheck at 63.97.112.115##43214321).

The SIP INVITE's and subsequent messaging look similar, but obviously the responses from the far ends are different.  The Polycom HDX might be setting up its outgoing media to the wrong address, e.g. the private address instead of the public routable address.  The successful call is terminating to a VCS-Expressway (and on to a Cisco TP server conference) which looks to handle the SIP INVITE properly and sets up the outgoing media to the public routable address at the far end which finds its way into my network and my iPAD.

This might be a question for Polycom to verify how the HDX is interpreting and responding to the INVITE when setting up the media streams.

HP Recommended

Hi Joe,

thanks for helping me I've tried using the H323 and SIP and neither are working. Please can you explain how to do the port forwarding. I've tried the test number 140.242.250.203 still not working.

HP Recommended

Hi Joe 

Can you confirm the number 63.97.112.115##43214321 is a test number in can try? Polycom is completely new to me and I'm not a techno can you explain why HDX stands for. Please could I ask you to explain in layman's terms the second part of your response as I do not understand. I've just had a new router sent from my supplier but polycom still not working.

thank you for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.