Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I upgraded my RealPresence Desktop for Windows client to 3.0 and now I am getting a license message. I am connecting to a RM and never had a license error before but the desktop client is acting as if I need a standalone license key. I had a 30 day error that counted down each day now I get a message stating I need to enter a license key. I have three options;1-  continue with entering a lic key, 2 - cancel and exit program, 3 - Back which puts me at the login screen with my server and login credentials pre populated. I press login and it works normal.

My question is WHY am I getting the license message? I downloaded the software from the normal RPD software page and not a trial version. My RM is the laciest load. This never happened with previous versions of RPD

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

From the notes of RM 7.1.1

"Licenses for the RealPresence Mobile and RealPresence Desktop clients
are managed in the same pool as CMA Desktop clients."

This is at odds with how RPD is interacting with RM

HP Recommended

RPD can be deployed in standalone or managed modes. A license file is not required to operate if the client is provisioned from resource manager or CMA. However when you sign-out the provisioning does not exist and hence the application checks its standalone license. You should still be able to sign-in and use the application.

We are looking at improving the UI in this area in a future release as the current behavior is confusing to users.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.