Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi 

I use RPM 3.3 on a Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

This smartphone is according to http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note_3-5665.php capable of 1080p@30fps with the second camera and much highervideo resolution with the primary camera.

Instead of this, the videoconference calls parameters are as follow:

In a call from Note 3 (on local wi-fi) to a GR500 (in the same network, configured for 1024 kbps call speed):

Call type:H.323 Call speed 512, (even if according to the documentation, for such devices the speed can be 1 Mbps)

On the GR 500 side:

Protocol H.264High

Format 640x368

Rate 448

Rate used 425

Frame rate 25

On the Note 3 side:

Protocol H.264High

Format 320x180

Rate 384

Frame rate 15.

My question is the following:

If the device (Note 3) support higher resolutions, format and frame rate why the calls are performed at such parameters?

Thank you in advance for your answers

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Check the Call Settings section of your Admin Provisioning Profile in Resource Manager. It sounds like the Preferred Speed for Placing Calls is set too low.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your answer.

I'd check the settings as can be seen in the attached printscreens.

In all of them except "default phone video profile.png" the settings were to 1024 kbps.

In "default phone video profile" I changed call settings from 512 to 1024, the maximum call settings  from 768 to 1024, OK, and tried to have a call from Note 3 to a GR.

The same call speed 512 on Note 3, in local wi-fi or GSM network.

What can I do more?

Regards,

HP Recommended

Can anybody have an idea regarding the above issue?

Regards,

HP Recommended

Is a little bit uncorrect to claim in RPM 3.4.2 for Android Release Note that with RPM you can make a call in 720p at 1 Mbps call rate, but in fact, even if it used the last version of RPM 3.4.2, ones of the latest and powerfull Android smarthpones (LG G4, Samsung S5neo, Sony M4), the application doesn't have an option to set the call rate higher than 512 kbps and resolution higher than 320x180.

HP Recommended

After some discussions with Polycom team, the final statement is that 1 Mbps call on Android smartphones is possible only with Samsung S5 SM-G901F.

Testing S5 device with RPM 3.4.2 concluded that1 Mbps call doesn't work, the RPM having no "1 Mbps" call rate setting, both WLAN and 3G/4G.

Does anybody can suggest a solution for this problem?

Thanks,

HP Recommended

Hello Ibucur,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

I have checked this with the relevant team and we are using hardcoded phone types for the models that support 1Mbps calls.

I believe your Model therefore does not offer this option.

Our support team will look into this for future versions but could I kindly ask you to also open a support ticket and provide the reference here?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.

I had issued a ticket to the local Polycom provider, in order to find solutions.

I think that somebody doesn't understand a fact:

According to Polycom official documents public available, RPM 3.4.2 can, "on powerfull devices as Samsung S5, to provide 1 Mbps calls", the RPM 3.4.2. Release note.

I had purchased Polycom solution, based also on the specifications from above official document, regarding RPM 1 Mbps calls.

After several investigations,tests,emails to the local Polycom distributor/integrator, the answer from Polycom support was that 1 Mbps call are available ONLY on Samsung S5, not on "powerfull devices as S5"

I bought a Samsung S5, BUT GUESS WHAT, EITHER ON S5 this functionality isn't available.

Now, from your response "you are using hardcoded phone types for the models that support 1 Mbps calls".

Please be so kind to explain this phrase because I don't understand the meaning.

Best regards,

HP Recommended

1M call rate is supported on the following Android devices:

// SM-G900 for Samsung Galaxy S5

// SM-G906 for Samsung Galaxy S5 PRIME (SM-G906K)

// SM-G920 for Samsung Galaxy S6 (in RPMv3.5)

// SM-G925 for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge(in RPMv3.5)

// SM-G928 for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus(in RPMv3.5)

// SM-N920 for Samsung Galaxy Note 5(in RPMv3.5)

// SM-T32 for Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

// SM-N910 for Samsung Galaxy Note 4

// SM-P90 for Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2

// SM-T80 for Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5

// SM-T70 for Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4

// SM-T81 for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7(in RPMv3.5)

// SM-T71 for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0(in RPMv3.5)

HP Recommended

Hello Ibucur,

as listed by Mike the hardcoded value for the S5 is SM-G900 so our application does not see your S5 SM-G901F as 1MBps capable.

As already asked have you got any serial numbers or MAC addresses of your Polycom infrastruture and your contact details so we can work with our Product management team.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.