Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
We are using both RPMobile and RPDesktop and are running into problems with the variable addresess these clients receive: - When you register with a mobile device it will register as LastNameFirstNameRPMobile@domain with address LastNameFirstNameRPMobile (and / or an e.164) - A second device will register as LastNameFirstNameRPMobile1@domain with address LastNameFirstNameRPMobile2 (and / or an e.164) Even from within the same Polycom environment this is very unhandy: How do I know which system to call if a user has two registered clients at the same time? But at least both are available in the directory so I just try both... If I want to be able to be called by someone outside the company it becomes a real problem, how does that person know which device I am using today and what the address for that device is? Does he / she have to try my address starting from LastNameFirstNameRPMobile and move up till LastNameFirstNameRPMobile+number untill they reach me? Why not use a single name / registration for a single user and either have those co-exist (the call rings on all devices, Cisco uses this with Jabber) or replace eachother (example: iPad gets de-registered when I log in with with my phone). Kind regards, Remi van Essen
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.