Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am having trouble connecting to Resource Manager from the iOS app via wireless network. I can ping Resource Manager from my iPhone just fine. But when I try to sign in with right IP of Resource Manager and credentials, I get this error:

"Server did not respond. Please check your network or contact system administrator"

Do I have to enable anything on the app or iPhone to allow connections to Resource Manager from the app?

RealPresence Desktop for Windows works perfectly fine and is able to connect to Resource Manager. Any idea what is going on?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

there is a list of required ports for resource Manager

>> Resource Manager Operations Guide 8.2<<    p. 490 

Desktop\Mobile clients use following ports for connection to RM

TCP 443 - Provisioning

TCP 389 - LDAP

TCP 5222 - XMPP

regards

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi Sheshan

Do you use the same wireless network for iOS app and RealPresence Desktop for Windows?

I guess it's some network issue.

Regards

HP Recommended

and what software version do you use? Resource manager and RP Mobile

HP Recommended

The wireless network is just an extension of our LAN. I'm using a wired LAN for RealPresence Desktop.

But like I mentioned, I can ping Resource Manager from the iOS app (from the the wireless network)

Thanks!

HP Recommended

What Resource Manager software version do  you have?

check, that you don't use any VPN or HTTP(s) proxy on your iPhone.

Could you try connect RealPresence Desktop via wifi?

ping just means that you can transmit an ICMP request and recieve an ICMP response, but it doesn't say about opened\closed ports in your network.

Regards

HP Recommended

Resource Manager SW Version: 8.2.0.0.

What ports should be open/allowed for Desktop / Mobile versions to connect to Resource Manager, do you know?

HP Recommended

there is a list of required ports for resource Manager

>> Resource Manager Operations Guide 8.2<<    p. 490 

Desktop\Mobile clients use following ports for connection to RM

TCP 443 - Provisioning

TCP 389 - LDAP

TCP 5222 - XMPP

regards

HP Recommended

It turned out that some services were disabled in the wireless network. Issue resolved. Thanks Bazzuck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.